[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
From time to time, there has been comment on the fact that only a series recording can put recordings in a folder and the folder must be in the system's [My] Video directory.

Nonetheless the WebIf function for listing the schedule in /mod/webif/html/sched/list/index.jim appears to try to display a non-empty folder set for a single recording, even though that folder won't be used (however a) the folder could only have been set by hacking the reservation; b) this code uses a ucRecKind value of 1 which seems to be otherwise unused, instead of 0: was this part of some incomplete experimental version?).

Here a technique for overcoming the "one folder deep" limitation was discussed, but of course that also only works for a series.

Here it was proposed that by transforming a single recording reservation into a series with a dummy series CRID and the same event information the limitation that would apply to a single recording could be overcome. As demonstrated at that time, this technique does work, and retains the scheduling characteristics of the original single recording because the same event is being used.

Is it considered that sweeper is a sufficient solution, or is it worth implementing this feature?

The following changes would be needed:
  • algorithm to make a dummy series CRID (guaranteed not to clash with broadcasters), eg crid://domain/path -> crid://domain.hpkg.tv/path;
  • update /mod/webif/html/sched/list/script.js to enable the "Create Folder" menu item for single recordings;
  • update /mod/webif/html/sched/rpc/mkdir.jim to add processing for the case of a single recording to change the reservation to a series recording linked to the same EPG event but with a dummy series CRID as above;
  • create a recmon hook to delete the transformed series event once the recording has completed (on any status, or only on success?);
  • optionally, remove the (attempted?) display of a non-functional folder for a single recording from /mod/webif/html/sched/list/index.jim.

Separately, if /mod/webif/html/sched/list/index.jim were modified to pass a "direxists" attribute on a series row (0 if folder not created), it would be possible to use that in the code that en/dis/ables the "Create Folder" menu item.

Last edited:
BUMP!!!

Please can we have this, it would make writing instructions much easier (ease of instruction writing/reading is equivalent to intuitivity):
Next request: on the Browse Media Files pages, could we have the "Queue for" button open a sub-menu rather than instantly invoke the pre-selected action. I think this would be more intuitive and less liable to user error. The button could be changed to "Queue for...".

It would also be convenient if "Queue for..." were added to the OPT+ menu.

Last edited:
Yes, that Queue thing caught me out the other day. It's odd because some other buttons do have an "Are you sure?" pop-up.

The Restore function doesn't restore custom favourites list names (WebIf 1.4.8-2, rsvsync 1.1.12).

As well as restoring the itemText it's necessary to set the itemValue, which controls whether the custom name is used. Actually it appears that having itemValue set to 1 for any custom favourite name makes all of them apply, regardless of the other itemValues.

This is the SQL command in the /mod/boot/rsvsync binary:
Code:
update setup.TBL_MENUCONFIG set itemText = '%s' where itemName = 'FAV_CUSTOM_STR0%d'
And this is what it should do:
Code:
update setup.TBL_MENUCONFIG set itemText = '%s', itemValue = 1 where itemName = 'FAV_CUSTOM_STR0%d'

Last edited:
In the WebIf home page the link to WebIf Release Notes goes to a Wiki page that stops at 1.4.1. Surely the current version is 1.4.8-2, not 1.4.1.8-2? 1.4.1 is also the latest release in the source code repository.

If recent releases were tagged it might be possible to autogenerate Release Notes from the commit messages, although they currently target a different audience.

Last edited:
Regarding Diagnostics >> File Editor:
Each time you want to repeatedly open the same file to make minor changes, (I made the actual change using a text editor on my laptop, then copied and pasted), you have to navigate through the various hierarchy, having the [ Commonly edited files ] bit at the bottom of the screen to include the last edited file, or a prompt box whereby you could paste the entire link

In summary: have the Open dialogue preserve state from previous navigation; add the most recent file (or three) to the quick-access list; add a Save button which does not close the current file.

It would be convenient to have a button which creates a backup of the original file as (say) .bak1, .bak2 etc.

I think it would also be very nice to have a button which applies a diff file to the currently loaded file, and maybe even one which produces a diff file.

Last edited:
From time to time, there has been comment on the fact that only a series recording can put recordings in a folder and the folder must be in the system's [My] Video directory.
How about using the [ Content Type ] as a folder descriptor, for example, all films, which by the majority of cases are single non series linked have the option to be automatically placed in a [ Films ] folder, and the same for other non-series linked broadcasts, or have a button pop up asking [ File where? ], based on programme title or based on [ Content Type ]

How about using the [ Content Type ] as a folder descriptor, for example, all films, which by the majority of cases are single non series linked have the option to be automatically placed in a [ Films ] folder, and the same for other non-series linked broadcasts, or have a button pop up asking [ File where? ], based on programme title or based on [ Content Type ]
I think that's meant for the sweeper thread! I added your comments about File Editor to the WebIF thread because File Editor is covered in the WebIF as a diagnostic tool, but sweeper is a thing on its own!

I think that's meant for the sweeper thread! I added your comments about File Editor to the WebIF thread because File Editor is covered in the WebIF as a diagnostic tool, but sweeper is a thing on its own!
I would have thought it more a [ Remote Scheduling ] topic, as the previous comments referred to [ CRID ], which if my memory is still working, [ CRID ] are not used in [ Sweeper ]

I've just reread the comment and there are numerous references to [ /mod/webif/html/sched/... ], I'm not seeing any reference to [ Sweeper ]

Isn't that about sweeper then? If not, what? If it is about RS, then it should be in the RS thread. Context is everything.

Isn't that about sweeper then? If not, what? If it is about RS, then it should be in the RS thread. Context is everything.
Surely you reply to a comment in the same thread as the original poster, otherwise you would be hoping from thread to thread, I realise in an ideal world things would or should be done differently, but I just responded to a comment from other poster and to make following the thread easier, I posted the reply in the same thread

Okay, I can see where the confusion is. df was talking about possible ways to work around the one-folder-deep limitation imposed by the standard Humax firmware on recording reservations. You want WebIF >> Schedule to acquire sweeper-like abilities to make automated decisions on where to redirect recordings by using tokens (which isn't its bailiwick IMO).

I read this
How about using the [ Content Type ] as a folder descriptor
as a request for additional functionality for sweeper.

In summary: have the Open dialogue preserve state from previous navigation; add the most recent file (or three) to the quick-access list; add a Save button which does not close the current file.
The editor already has a Save button that does not close the current file so I was surprised by @Andrea Edwards problems
1588763165369.png
It does pop up a secondary confirmation box and perhaps for some reason that didn't appear on her system.

I would agree the other suggestions for including a direct file entry and recently edited list.

I found that if the *.js file is still loaded in the [ File Editor ] window with any changed saved, those changes are not actioned by doing a [ Ctrl + F5 ], the file in [ File Editor ] has to be closed, eg not in the window for editing, yes there is a [ Save ] button and yes there a confirmation pop up window, but my edits were not actioned until the [ File Editor ] is returned to the [ Diagnostics ] page

as a request for additional functionality for sweeper.
Wrong again, as an option for [ Remote Scheduler ], [ Sweeper ] does not process [ CRID ] information, (or has that now changed) , or at least that is what I was told in a previous comment, in a previous thread, in a galaxy far far away

I would have thought it more a [ Remote Scheduling ] topic, as the previous comments referred to [ CRID ], which if my memory is still working, [ CRID ] are not used in [ Sweeper ]
Scheduling, not Remote Scheduling: the idea was to allow recording a single show to a folder by making it a fake series. This works but clearing up afterwards is a problem not yet solved.

Scheduling, not Remote Scheduling: the idea was to allow recording a single show to a folder by making it a fake series. This works but clearing up afterwards is a problem not yet solved.
Thank you for clarifying /df, but as an aside, as [ Remote Scheduling ] is sending the details of the event to be recorded, can it in some way be manipulated before it is sent to a Humax

Could someone please produce a flow-chart of the logic in handling/processing an event that matches an entry in the [ Remote Scheduling ] web service to a state that it can be pushed to a Humax

I found that if the *.js file is still loaded in the [ File Editor ] window with any changed saved, those changes are not actioned by doing a [ Ctrl + F5 ], the file in [ File Editor ] has to be closed, eg not in the window for editing, yes there is a [ Save ] button and yes there a confirmation pop up window, but my edits were not actioned until the [ File Editor ] is returned to the [ Diagnostics ] page
What's Ctrl-F5 all about in this context?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back