[webif] Web Interface version 1.0.11 released

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I have released version 1.0.11 of the web interface package. The list of changes from version 1.0.10 is shown below. If you use the tvdiary package, then you will need to update it to the latest version before you will be able to install this update.

This is largely a consolidation and cleanup update, getting ready for something I'll be announcing in a week or two.
1.0.11 (22/04/2014)

• Convert all server-side include (SSI) pages to CGI;
  • No longer allow disabling of Mongoose web server from within web interface;
  • Show kernel version on front page;
  • Remove manual chunked encoding from scripts;
  • Remove legacy JS/CSS links;
  • Move web-interface specific settings to new section on settings page;
  • Preserve time stamps on files following decryption, shrinking etc;
  • Fix various checkbox select-all functions;
  • Fix wrap-around issue with single channel grid EPG;
  • Upgrade to JQuery 1.11.0;
  • Do not display .00 after byte values;
  • Restructure HTTPS certificate generation to remove dependency on Mongoose package;
  • Restructure web interface authentication to remove dependency on Mongoose package.

Having trouble with the box's home page on Chrome (34.0.1847.116 m) on Win7. Clicking the top bar results in an empty page. Manually adding /index.jim to the URL works.
It works fine with IE10.

Looking at the mongoose.conf file, index.jim is set up as an alias for the index, as well as index.html and index.shtml.
I see there are also index.html and index.shtml files present containing redirects to index.jim, but despite these belt and braces it's not working right.

---
Setting the URL to index.html redirects OK, but index.shtml doesn't redirect and gives the empty page effect. Deleting the index.shtml hard link sorts it out.

Having installed 10.0.11 (and latest Tvdiary) I an unable to login to the web-if (Just a blank screen). Firmware = 1.03.06/2.19 browser = Firefox 25.0, reboots = 3
EDIT
As already stated my usual logon of :-
10.0.0.200 now only works with :-
10.0.0.200/index.jim

Same issue here, Chrome 34 and Win7. As mentioned above adding "/index.jim" to the url returns the web page

Thanks, I'll look at it..
Unfortunately, the index.shtml file is required or your custom firmware environment won't start up properly!

Fixed in 1.0.11-1 (hopefully!)
(another Mongoose bug.. - worked around it)

Fixed in 1.0.11-1 (hopefully!)
(another Mongoose bug.. - worked around it)

It is fixed, but there's another little niggle: the "Watching ..." panel displayed on logging into the webif no longer disappears after a few seconds. Result is that the icons in the slide-down menu almost entirely disappear, though the labels are still visible.

This only happens on the "home" page.

That isn't new,it's always been that way on the home page. The slide-down menu shouldn't appear there.

This is largely a consolidation and cleanup update, getting ready for something I'll be announcing in a week or two.
Ooo, the anticipation. What can it be I wonder? A new kernel perhaps? Or something less geeky?

I have often thought that a handy addition to the services page would be to allow the enabling and disabling of the inadyn package (the Foxsat-HDR web interface allows this). Currently I have to telnet in and rename the relevant file (S90 to Z90) to stop the service when I don't need it.

Thanks very much.

May I please report an issue still present, that I reported against 1.0.10?

In single-channel page view, e.g:

https://humax/epg/xservice.jim?service=40992

scheduled recordings are not shown as such. i.e. they do not have the "red clock" icon.

thanks much indeed, and for the new version.

Web interface version: 1.0.11-1
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12
Kernel Version: HDR_1.02.32​

May I please report an issue still present, that I reported against 1.0.10?
scheduled recordings are not shown as such. i.e. they do not have the "red clock" icon.
Fixed in 1.0.11-2 (two separate bugs - if either had not been there then it would have worked. Might have found a bug in Jim too)

Not sure if this problem existed before 1.0.11 but there seems to be something odd with the mobile version of the web interface. Getting a #404 error when attempting to access the Settings page. Uninstalled webif-iphone_1.0.1 with the intention of re-installing, to see if that fixed the error. Strangely the mobile version was still available after the uninstall. Did a quick check and it would appear that the mobile version is now integrated with the main webif in the /mod/var/mongoose/html/m folder. Have I missed a post somewhere about the webif-iphone package being obsolete ? I'm a little confused as this package is still available in the repository.

webif-iphone is effectively deprecated since the functionality is now built in. It should probably now be removed from the repository. I'll look at the 404 error - likely caused by the recent cleanup work.

webif-iphone is effectively deprecated since the functionality is now built in. It should probably now be removed from the repository. I'll look at the 404 error - likely caused by the recent cleanup work.
OK thanks.
EDIT: Working fine now in webif 1.0.11-3.

Hi af123, thanks for the updates. Regarding the new kernel field on the front page: I let one of my machines get the OTA update, and installed the custom firmware later, so this has the 1.03.12 kernel. The kernel field for this unit is blank in webif, is this intentional?

No - it must be unable to find the version in the database I built. I'll have a look at it, thanks.

Back