[webif] Web Interface version 1.0.13 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, New to this, but I'm trying to change the "Advanced Settings" to install the custom TV portal, (I understand that I need to do this to install it?) but unfortunately every time I try to change from no to yes on either of the settings, the page resets back to no. I can't see a way of submitting my request or anything either.
It's probably changed anyway. Is the package management not showing the full list now?

I can confirm this bug. I have both the package list and expert mode telnet server set to Yes. I tried turning them to No and reloaded the page and they were both still on. Something is broken.

If you want to tweak the setting manually from the Telnet interface then try this:
Code:
humax# sqlite3 /mod/etc/webif.db "update settings set nval=1 where name='pkgdev';"

Hey, New to this, but I'm trying to change the "Advanced Settings" to install the custom TV portal, (I understand that I need to do this to install it?) but unfortunately every time I try to change from no to yes on either of the settings, the page resets back to no. I can't see a way of submitting my request or anything either.
Can I suggest you try with a different browser, I have experienced this in the past when using safari on iPad, switching to IE on PC worked fine.
If you are using a PC there's plenty of choice Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari ...

It's definitely a bug. Seems to have been introduced when I upgraded the iphone-style plugin to the latest version (to fix the width calculation issues!). Can't see an easy fix just now, will look at it later.

I have found a new-portal_1.02_mipsel.opk dated 11NOV2013 with mcquaim as the owner, I need to do a bit more digging
O.K. I think this is what happened, mcquaim posted new-portal_1.01 on the 17th. Nov 2013 HERE
af123 placed 1.01 in the repository the same day, maquaim made some changes "to take in the code above from xtra1 and changes to cater for overscan", these changes also added a clean up routine to the postinst, mcquaim then posted 1.02 HERE, however af123 suggested removing the postinst cleanup stuff and mcquaim said he would remove it in the next release (which didn't happen), I am guessing that af123 didn't place version 1.02 in the repository

I think the Service Management Samba toggles aren't working now. I'm having to telnet on to bounce Samba every time in order to get it working.

I was wondering why the disk has filled up on my HDR3. It seems the last day auto-expire ran was the 21st May! Other processing is logged, but the last entry for expire is on that date. I'm thinking a WebIF update broke it and I'm the first to notice.

I'll turn up the logging...

Update: I have found one isolated run of Expire on 23rd July, which removed recordings from 18th July... but why not all the previous ones???

I have an answer (but not a solution): they are being skipped as unwatched, but I don't have the "never delete unwatched recordings" button clicked in the auto-expire settings. Has the logic been inverted? I'll see what happens if I tick it...

I posted about this problem a few weeks ago. There was an incompatibility between the code which reads the file which stores this info (.autoexpire) and the actual data in the file - the format changed over time. af123 said he would fix it, but I haven't verified if that actually happened.

I just ran a retune and the schedule did not auto-restore. Could this be due to the schedule not being empty as a result of the disable-ota reminder getting there first?

It has never worked for me either. I just though that I was doing something wrong! Not an issue for me as I just manually restore from the daily backup.

I just ran a retune and the schedule did not auto-restore. Could this be due to the schedule not being empty as a result of the disable-ota reminder getting there first?
It looks to me like disable-ota runs before auto-schedule-restore as the former is in flash and the latter on disk.
If you have the reminder set (I don't) then it will indeed create an entry that stops the schedule being restored. My schedule has always been restored.

Is anyone else having problems updating pkgs from the WebIF?

For me, Packages - Update pkg list from internet produces:

Code:
!!  ERROR - No network connectivity to package repository  !!

Check your Internet connection and DNS service and then try again.

I believe my network connection is fine: the TV Portal is able to play things, and I can wget a file, on the Humax cmdline, from outside of my local LAN.

thanks much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back