[webif] Web Interface version 1.2.0 released

af123

Administrator
Staff member
1.2.0 (05/01/2015)
  • Media eject via icon at top left (HDR model only, when USB drives are detected);
  • Show blue guidance icon for programmes with general guidance and a red one for adult content. Icon is also shown in EPG listings;
  • New log viewer;
  • Add icons to OPT+ context menus (some copied from raydon's Foxsat package - thanks!);
  • Improvements to service management;
  • Improved page loading times;
  • JQuery upgrade;
  • Sort JQuery plugin includes by path length;
  • Detect COM6 MUX via ITV4 (fix from prpr);
  • Disable legacy rt3070 package if found.

I had a recording with a false 'Dec' flag. It's odd because it was a recording on BBC One HD, a channel I record from regularly, and I had not retuned recently. Anyhow, I noticed that Web-If now reports the presence of false 'Dec' flags in recordings: an excellent feature. @af123, how often does it scan because the message was repeated in a banner at the top of the web page multiple times? Are you planning to make the fix automatic as well as the scan?

It will scan every 10 minutes. You probably know but run the fixencflags diagnostic to repair.

Last edited:
It will scan every 10 minutes. You probably know but run the fixencflags diagnostic to repair.
As it scans every 10 minutes, if you don't open Web-If very often and don't notice that you have an affected recording, the notification banner may get quite large. Could this be a problem at any point, or does the banner text stop populating when it reaches a certain size?

Last edited:
I suggested that a while back but it didn't seem to find favour.
Running the the fixencflags diagnostic is easy and quick, but if Web-If is scanning for the false 'Dec' flag is it much more complicated to patch the HMT file at the same time? The banner notification could then say that the problem was detected in a particular file and fixed.

I record on three machines and every few days transfer the recordings on to my main machine for sorting and archiving. I have got into the habit of running fixencflags before each transfer. I have not had an issue since before Christmas.

This morning I found two delinquent recordings, one was Crims on BBC Three HD and I don't recall the other.

I for one would welcome these being automatically fixed, (perhaps with notification advising they are checked to make sure they play)

I have auto update but did not notice any message apart from two update notifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A minor one:

When using the BootHDR package on an HD-Fox, and booted into HDR mode, the pie chart in the top right is blue, not green as on the screen UI.

I ran the fixencflags diagnostic again on HDR2 and found again that Crims on BBC3 HD had a false flag. Webif did not show any warning as mentioned above by MontysEvilTwin, event though all the packages are up to date through auto update. The recording is time stamped 1:33 Friday morning. Could it have missed the scheduled checking process?

Could the fixencflags diagnostic please be incorporated into the auto process in a future release? (Though of course it may not work if the current detection process is not finding it)

Could the fixencflags diagnostic please be incorporated into the auto process in a future release? (Though of course it may not work if the current detection process is not finding it)

Yes - it seems that xyz321 is not around any more so I will update his package based on prpr's work so far.

Yes - it seems that xyz321 is not around any more so I will update his package based on prpr's work so far.

Thanks af123 (& prpr).

Out of interest, does anyone yet understand why we are getting these flag errors? It is not always BBC Three or Four HD that it occurs on in my experience. Also the hypothesis that it was the first recording after a retune no longer seems to stack up

Thanks af123 (& prpr).

Out of interest, does anyone yet understand why we are getting these flag errors? It is not always BBC Three or Four HD that it occurs on in my experience. Also the hypothesis that it was the first recording after a retune no longer seems to stack up
The fault does seem to occur more often after a retune, but certainly not always. In addition to BBC Three HD and BBC Four HD, I have seen it on Quest (after a retune) and BBC One HD (no retune in weeks). I don't think this fault was observed before 1.03.12 firmware was released and I wonder if the bug was introduced when Humax fixed the zero-length NTS file fault? There have been reports, before the introduction of 1.03.12 firmware, of a fault whereby the HDR-FOX loses its encryption keys and makes scrambled recordings but it seems like this is a different issue.

I always worry when active people disappear from a web forum without saying anything. I mean, if he'd moved abroad or switch to satellite or a different box I'd assume he would have said something in a farewell posting.

Yes, he doesn't seem to be answering direct communications either so it's very strange - and potentially worrying (from the point of view of his safety).

Unfortunately I only have the source code to an older version of auto-unprotect so I can't add the fix there even though it would really be the best place for it. I could use the recmon package to check all completed recordings though but for now I've just updated the auto part of the web interface to fix the problem when it finds it rather than posting those warning messages to the interface. It won't fix all cases of mixed up flags though unfortunately but it will fix those where you are currently getting the same error message every 10 minutes.

I'd assumed all the source code for custom firmware and packages was open source and eaily available on something like github. Clearly not, which is a shame.

I always worry when active people disappear from a web forum without saying anything.
Yes, it's a shame he is no longer around. He contributed a great deal to the custom firmware, more than most people probably know.
Maybe he got a job with Humax?

Back