[webif] Web Interface version 1.2.0 released

I was wondering, would you please consider an option to change the colour of the glyph used to indicate "Guidance"? Or even to optionally not show it?

With it being a red circle, I find that I'm constantly misinterpreting it as some sort of "to be recorded" flag, when I scan down my page-per-channel EPG views. I know that it isn't, but my brain keeps thinking it is.

I've no interest in Guidance flags myself, so would happily turn them off, were that an option.

thanks much indeed.

I was wondering, would you please consider an option to change the colour of the glyph used to indicate "Guidance"? Or even to optionally not show it?

With it being a red circle, I find that I'm constantly misinterpreting it as some sort of "to be recorded" flag, when I scan down my page-per-channel EPG views. I know that it isn't, but my brain keeps thinking it is.

I've no interest in Guidance flags myself, so would happily turn them off, were that an option.

thanks much indeed.

+1 I do this quite a bit too, looking down the EPG I think who set that to record then realise what the icon is.

I think I have identified a problem with auto-unprotect_2.0.0, on three occasions now the 'ENC' flag has not been removed from recordings. All recordings were Hi-Def. but the common factor seems to be that a recording starts and then you start to watch say 10 Mins. behind 'Live Time' so that you are still watching after the recording has finished, this seems to leave the 'ENC' in place until the next re-boot, so not a big problem. Come to think of it I'm not certain whether this was happening before auto-unprotect_2.0.0, it may have been, not sure

Phew. I thought it was something I had done. I have had a couple of instances of this, also on HD recordings and with the same scenario as you.

You can put the following into EXTRA.css (which is one of the files in the quick edit box on the diagnostics->file editor page)

Code:
img.guidance { display: none; }

I'm not in a position to test at the moment but it should work.

As for the colour - I will replace it with something more toned down but still contrasting with the blue version. I can understand the potential for confusion when scanning the screen.

You can put the following into EXTRA.css (which is one of the files in the quick edit box on the diagnostics->file editor page)

Code:
img.guidance { display: none; }

I'm not in a position to test at the moment but it should work.

As for the colour - I will replace it with something more toned down but still contrasting with the blue version. I can understand the potential for confusion when scanning the screen.

that worked perfectly, thanks.

Was amused to note that I had already edited that file last year, to disable img.genre - I should have remembered.

thanks again.

A couple of minor observations.
In Web-If>Browse Media Files, anything recorded from an SD channel transmitted on an HD multiplex (e.g. Film 4+1) is flagged as 'HD'.
While a recording is ongoing, the symbol in Web-If>Browse Media Files is the 'flash' symbol; the one you get with a power failure. Is this intentional? When complete, the 'flash' symbol is replaced with the usual film strip symbol.

On the Channel Information page via the Diagnostics page, PSB2 from Wenvoe is shown as an "Unknown" mux.
This is because channel.jim uses "ITV1" or "ITV" to detect it and that is not a match in the non-England nations e.g. "ITV Wales". It would be better to use "ITV2" or "Channel 5" in my opinion.

How about this for the next version? (Obviously it's better indented in the code as the forum has screwed it up)

Code:
  switch -glob -- $name {
  "BBC ONE" -
  "BBC TWO" -
  "BBC THREE" { set mux "PSB1/BBC A" }
  "ITV2" -
  "Channel 5" -
  "ITV" { set mux "PSB2/D3&4" }
  "Channel 4 HD" -
  "BBC ONE HD" { set mux "PSB3/BBC B" }
  "5 USA" -
  "CITV" -
  "ITV3" { set mux "COM4/SDN" }
  "Really" -
  "Dave" { set mux "COM5/ARQ A" }
  "4Music" -
  "Yesterday" -
  "ITV4" { set mux "COM6/ARQ B" }
  "BBC FOUR HD" -
  "BBC NEWS HD" { set mux "COM7/ARQ C" }
  "Made In *" -
  "Movies4Men" { set mux "Local" }
  "QVC + 1 HD" { set mux "COM8/ARQ D" }
  }

Mostly OK. Don't like "BBC ONE" as it won't match e.g. "BBC ONE West". I guess you could use "BBC ONE *" similarly to what you proposed for "Local".
"ITV" doesn't work in the nations and you obviously can't use "ITV*".

Ok - "BBC ONE *" would match "BBC ONE HD" too so I'll just remove that and ITV too.

Back