[webif] Web interface

While I was setting a recording via webif I noticed that the program had a recommendation in the popping up box. I assume it is what makes the hummy give you the option to record a recommendation when setting a recording via its remote control. Could the recommendation in the webif box be made to stand out so that one might actually see it and click on it / then record it also if one wants that. I am only saying this since it's the first time I noticed it in a few months of usage.

New user so forgive my ignorance.

1. Does the web EPG only show the next few hours? I couldnt see any way to move it into the next day.

2. Does it have to reboot every time you schedule a program? Can you Queue them up?

3. Transmission - any chance of having a torrent search built in? (isohunt) instead of having to search/download toreent and then load into the webpackage

4. Whats on the horizon, what are you working on next Chris? ;)

Oh and I must compliment the work that went into the web interface & custom firmware. Installing the packages is very noob friendly!

af123 is in charge of the webif, i'm only looking at the portal at the mo with af123's help.

I dont have a lot of time at the moment, so things are kinda on hold until I can free up some time (probably xmas at this rate :frantic:).
Theres nothing stopping anybody getting involved where they can though to progress things.

I've never coded anything, more of a IT support kind of guy, will have a look but new baby is seriously sapping my time! I'm lucky to get 2 hours a week on my xbox and a movie with the wife on a Saturday. Looking forward to any updates as they come!

My contribution is enquiries front desk!

1. Does the web EPG only show the next few hours? I couldnt see any way to move it into the next day.
Apparently; I would like better controls too.

2. Does it have to reboot every time you schedule a program? Can you Queue them up?
Yes, you can queue them up. That is what it actually does - the Hummy has to be subverted into accepting the database mods, so they are held pending until they are applied all together just before a restart (the restart stops them being recognised as "foreign" and removed by the Hummy immune system).

It needs an update to bring it into line with the one on the Remote Scheduling Portal, which has navigation buttons.

BH has answered this one but I'll just throw in that as long as you aren't scheduling anything in the very near future, just let it be handled by the regular starts and stops of the box, rather than forcing a reboot. This ties in well with the Remote Scheduling Portal too - have you played with that yet?

3. Transmission - any chance of having a torrent search built in? (isohunt) instead of having to search/download toreent and then load into the webpackage

That's possible and I can add it to the wishlist. You can paste a torrent URL directly into Transmission which will at least cut out one of your setps.

Ah, haven't played with the remote scheduling portal yet, ran out of time last night in the baby friendly 8-10pm slot.. I registered and got the login password but it didn't seem to work when I tried to login. Will try again here in the office.

Ah.. the password had a . at the end that I didn't enter, assuming it was a full stop for end of sentence. I'm logged in now. If you switch to Grid you can navigate, nice!

Thanks for the tip on transmission, will try that. I use an app on my phone called adownloader and that's where the idea came from, they have a search built in. I'll go away and play for a few days and see what else I can think of, but its great so far.

as you aren't scheduling anything in the very near future, just let it be handled by the regular starts and stops of the box, rather than forcing a reboot.
Perhaps this point should be made clear on the WebIF interface?

While I was setting a recording via webif I noticed that the program had a recommendation in the popping up box. I assume it is what makes the hummy give you the option to record a recommendation when setting a recording via its remote control. Could the recommendation in the webif box be made to stand out so that one might actually see it and click on it / then record it also if one wants that. I am only saying this since it's the first time I noticed it in a few months of usage.
I suppose now I know it's there I will look out for it. Another give away is the icon you see for e.g. in Dr No.
178_1_26_Icon_Recommend.png

Hopefully I have succesfully uploaded the file with 3 icons. Check them out, as I am no expert, but they seem okay in my listings. You do have a UTV icon already in the directory ( the naming was off ), but I had already created my 3, so feel free to use any or all.
Sorry, I can't see a file attached to your post, could you try again? Or email them over to me at af123@hummypkg.org.uk
Cheers.

Try downloading and installing the lsof package. Lsof tells you ALL of the files that are open, but if you filter on the name of a process, it becomes easier to interpret, try
Code:
lsof | grep humaxtv
to begin with as that will show you all the files in use by the humax process itself, but it may be that the portal runs as another process altogether. To list all of the processes that have files open, try
Code:
lsof | cut -f 1 -d' ' | sort | uniq

You could save the output of various commands when the portal is and isn't running and then use diff to find what has changed between the 2 runs, to help you zero in even further.

I gave this a go and could find nothing. Also tried looking at all processes without a result.
I thought I had nailed it when I found a setting in the menu to turn on program buffering. The drive I had attached, flashed away as I watched Channel 4. However, the excitement was short lived as when I ran up the Portal and watched an episode of Planet Earth, the drive never blinked once!
I also tried skipping backwards and forwards and counted about 15 seconds before the prog jumped 5 mins each press.

Looks like its a dead duck for the HD.

How complicated might it be to introduce the top timeline every scrollable page or so together with the navigation arrows. Better still a floating one always at the top of your scrolled position.

I meant for the epg page both in webif and rs.

Go through Black Hole's Trail Guide (see NEW READERS START HERE near the top of the forum listing) and tell me at what point the examples fail.

just tried again after my last failed attempt and still get the same message after typing my IP into the address bar, what am i doing wrong??

It looks like you have mongoose installed, but not the webif package. Odd. Get command line access and do
Code:
humax# opkg install webif
and see what happens.

Back