[webif] Web interface

What None of them? I can see all of mine except for the ones in my no-flatten folders.
Do you get an error message when you try to select Browse Media Files?

I can't see into any folders, only media files at the top level.

What None of them? I can see all of mine except for the ones in my no-flatten folders.
Do you get an error message when you try to select Browse Media Files?
A bit late replying, but have been out most of the day!
All missing. No error message.

af123 - just another thank-you for all the features in webif.

I've been trying to work out why BBC HD on my HDR was borderline and the channel display was what sorted it for me. For some reason, my HDR had decided to use the wrong HD mux as the primary one (to be fair, the transmitters are linked and I'm half-way in between). Once I knew what the channels were, it only took a few seconds to check out the powers and qualities to work out what the problem was. All I had to do was back up the recordings database, delete the old channels, a quick manual retune, restore the database and I was sorted. Nice one :cool:

Re Media Browser - fixed, sorry, missing $ character.

Update to 0.8.6-1 at will.

0.8.6-1 is working OK for me too.:)
Sorry if I'm in the wrong place again,:)
but just upgraded to webif 0.8.7, been to page 1 here and page 40 but I still seem to be unable to find any release notes giving what the differences are, I think the whole project is brilliant but am finding that even after reading what seems to be every post and following af123's hummy Pkg tweet saying it was available. I can never seem to find where the release notes get posted, must be my age again

Release notes? The only "release notes" I know of are what you read in this thread. We have a chat about some bug or what we would like next, then af123 spends a few minutes or a few hours tinkering, uploads a new release, and announces it.

I should start doing something more formally though..

If the release only changes a number at the end after a -, then it's purely a bug fix with no new functionality;otherwise there's something new. The latest improves audio extraction by transposing the programme details over to the generated mp3.

I'll look at adding release notes within the webif itself.

If the release only changes a number at the end after a -, then it's purely a bug fix with no new functionality;otherwise there's something new. The latest improves audio extraction by transposing the programme details over to the generated mp3.

Thanks for your reply funnily enough its the Audio extraction I've been playing with at the moment

Most developement software like this that I've used normally includes a txt file giving version number and reason for update
so sorry for seeming ungrateful or confused did'nt mean to ask you to spend more time on this just thought it was a normal item

I've only just bought the T2 and have been following the Foxsat Forums sofar for the Foxsat HDR which is now getting a bit short of memory
Seeing how much further your development of the T2 has gone I bought one especially for the extra features you have given it,
all brilliant by the way, makes the Foxsat seem very slow now

Raydons and your work on the Foxsat is very good and you must be working very hard with him to include the functions of the T2 onto the Foxsat
Thanks I will be very patient
Thanks again

This is the Text file from his work to give an example of what I thought would be here as well, so I was looking for the needle that isn't in the haystack

raydon's Media and File Server Bundle for the Humax FoxsatHDR - Release v4.0.5
History
-------
v4.0.0: 21st Sept 2011
Initial release
v4.0.1: 21st Sept 2011
Resolved a problem whereby connected USB drives were not being mounted.
v4.0.2: 3rd Oct 2011
Resolved a problem whereby if Mongoose suffered a crash, it could possibly restart and display the basic web interface index
even though the full web interface index was installed.
v4.0.3: 7th Oct 2011
Resolved a problem whereby Mongoose did not account for the one hour time difference between DST/GMT.
v4.0.4: 10th Oct 2011
New version necessitated by the release of Humax v1.00.17 firmware.
v4.0.5: 13th Dec 2011
Small change to the mongoose web server with regard to cache control.

I find the pace of change to all these utilities really quite exciting (possibly more so than some of the things I record on the box) and thoroughly enjoy browsing this forum after work just to see what you lot have thought up in the 24 hours since I lasty looked.

If you were to add "Move" for files and folders and sort the EPG alphabetically I could probably thow away the HDR remote (and the TV) altogether and do everything via Webif!

Seriously, though, the HD and HDR boxes now do so much more than I ever envisioned when I bought them thanks to the hard work of several very dedicated people on this forum. The fact that you put in such a lot of effort and then share it with everyone else is truly admirable and I can't thank you enough - THANKYOU!

I could probably thow away the HDR remote (and the TV) altogether and do everything via Webif!
That's a cracking new concept: a PVR used to hack the firmware and fiddle with settings etc, but never bother to play back the recordings. I guess that's a comment on the quality of TV these days!

That's a cracking new concept: a PVR used to hack the firmware and fiddle with settings etc, but never bother to play back the recordings.

Can't see a problem with that - I've always been an "if it ain't broke, tweak it" kind of a bloke. And if you saw some of the garbage my kids record... ;)

Go into the settings screen and delete all the users.. I don't know what went wrong!
Have you ever used authentication on the webif?
What is the "Delete User" button supposed to do (or what are you supposed to see it do)? I had to log in to the WebIF again (admin, test). I've clicked "Delete User" several times on several occasions but nothing seems to happen.

Webif 0.8.7-1 fixes a problem with automatic series scheduling where events with no series link ID which were picked up for automatic scheduling as a series would not make it into the scheduling database. If you use RS, you should update.

What is the "Delete User" button supposed to do (or what are you supposed to see it do)? I had to log in to the WebIF again (admin, test). I've clicked "Delete User" several times on several occasions but nothing seems to happen.

Deleting a user should popup some text saying "Successfully removed user, disabling web authentication" - the second part being related to deleting the last user. Then the screen should refresh showing no users in the list.
You may be catching an IE specific problem, I'll fire up a windows machine and have a look.

Back