[webif] Web interface

Any ideas on my bruno rename issue, ill rename it via remote but just wondered if anyone else had issues with programmes containing special characters in their names

Regards

Damian

I've noticed something odd in the Settings screen - as I scroll down the list of available settings the section titled "Settings for EPG keywords plugin" has a green bar with Keywords, Channel and Description but immediately under that are all the settings for redring.

Also when I try to go into some of the settings where there is a button to open a new screen for that function (eg the new Remote Control option) all I get are the words "Settings Saved" with nothing else on the screen (this is all from my iphone). Anyone else seen this?

Yes. I selected the "Settings Saved" button and the screen changed to normal.
Correction: It was the "Save Changes" button.

Hmm I went and had another look at this (specifically I wanted to use the Channel Renumbering package) and I'm still getting the 'Settings Saved' screen (as per img_0875) if I try to use any settings that are behind a button (like Channel Renumber, Remote Control etc etc). The screen wont scroll so there are no other buttons hidden away to press. Back on the main settings screen I still have the EPG Keywords headers but then followed by the Redring settings (as per IMG_0874)

I tried uninstalling EPG as suggested before but that didn't seem to make a difference. I guess I can try re-installing Webif but are there any other ideas? This is on an iphone and I have already cleared the cache/history to see if that made any difference.

Now I've retuned I'm desperate to get the HD channels re-ordered!! (BTW whoever decided the new number banding has obviously never used a remote control - one handed operation would clearly show that making the HD prefix 12... instead of 10... means you could hop your main channels using buttons close together. I will sue them for RSI now that I have to press the one button, then have to go all the way down for zero before the return journey back to one again!!!! 121, 122, 123 and 124 are all way easier to press than 101, 102 etc etc :mad: OK Disengage Rant Mode!!!)

Attachments

• IMG_0875.PNG
    IMG_0875.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0874.PNG
    IMG_0874.PNG
    98.7 KB · Views: 17
Hmm I went and had another look at this (specifically I wanted to use the Channel Renumbering package) and I'm still getting the 'Settings Saved' screen (as per img_0875) if I try to use any settings that are behind a button (like Channel Renumber, Remote Control etc etc). The screen wont scroll so there are no other buttons hidden away to press. Back on the main settings screen I still have the EPG Keywords headers but then followed by the Redring settings (as per IMG_0874)

Further to this (in case anyone else is having the same issues) I dusted off the laptop to try the settings and although the main page still had the EPG headers followed by the Redring settings, everything else worked ok so must be something to do with the iphone somewhere.

f you record The Big Bang Theory then the existing Dedup nicely converts all of the files to episode names but now you can use a helper file to add series and episode numbers too.
If you download http://hummypkg.org.uk/series/tbbt.series.info and drop it into your The Big Bang Theory folder named series.info then Dedup will automatically use it.
So you get S1-02: The Big Bran Hypothesis instead of The Big Bran Hypothesis

I've updated the tbbt.series.info file to include season 6 as far as I can.

I am running quite low on disk space (Humax indicates 6GB free).
Code:
df /mnt/hd2
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2            469343496 450014452         0 100% /mnt/hd2
One way to make the 'df' reading match that of the Humax UI might be to set the ext3 reserved space to 4% (it is currently set to 5%).
Code:
cat /tmp/mongoose_error.log
[1353682911] [error] [client 192.168.1.254] GET /images/345_2_14_ST_HDD_26.png: Error 404: Not Found
The WebIf pie chart is broken in this scenario.

I have just noticed something about the 'save last stream' feature that I hadn't previously noticed, I was saving a series of Chaplin movies from YouTube. I saved 2 movies then went into media, created a directory called Charlie Chaplin and moved the 2 movies from the media >> root to the new directory and then navigated to the new directory to see they were there, which they were. I then went back into the TV portal >> YouTube and saved another 5 streams, exited and re-opened the media >> root directory, but the 5 new streams weren't there. Oh S**t, I'll have to do it again, however just by chance I looked in the Charlie Chaplin sub folder to find all 7 movies. So in a nutshell the 'save last stream' had not copied to media >> root but the last viewed sub directory. not a problem, but worth remembering

I've installed webif on my T2 and was accessing the webif interface from my computer fine - but now when I type the IP address of the T2 into my browser, it has suddenly started asking me for a username and password to access the webif interface! I don't even remember putting one in???
How can I figure out the username and password to access the T2 from my computer
Note: If I try to access the webif interface using the remote control on my T2, the interface does come up, but I can't actually navigate it. None of the buttons on the remote do anything once the webif interface is up.
Help. Please...

You can reset a Web-If password using Telnet, details HERE.
Note: If I try to access the webif interface using the remote control on my T2, the interface does come up, but I can't actually navigate it. None of the buttons on the remote do anything once the webif interface is up.

Not sure what you are referring to here, If you are referring to the the Custom TV Portal Xtra1 >> =Menu >> 4. Web If it does say next to it (Not Working)

Well it won't let me rename it either so reckon it must be the umlaut
Is someone looking into the issue ?
Since I live in Sweden, I got tons of recordings containing umlauts, that can't be moved or croped, since the file can't be found by webif.

like:
Code:
Runtime Error: file.jim:14: could not read "/media/My Video/Babar och Badous äventyr_20130219_0835.ts": No such file or directory in procedure 'file' called at file "file.jim", line 14

or can't it be solved for some reason ?

Is someone looking into the issue ?
Since I live in Sweden, I got tons of recordings containing umlauts, that can't be moved or croped, since the file can't be found by webif.
or can't it be solved for some reason ?
Answering my own question,

I solved it myself, by adding a new function in the script.js - file
(in /mnt/hd2/mod/var/mongoose/html/browse )

Code:
function replaceumlauts(string)
{
value = string;
value = value.replace(/\u00e5/g, '%E5');
value = value.replace(/\u00e4/g, '%E4');
value = value.replace(/\u00f6/g, '%F6');
value = value.replace(/\u00c5/g, '%C5');
value = value.replace(/\u00c4/g, '%C4');
value = value.replace(/\u00c6/g, '%C6');
return value;
}

Then in the var menuclick = function(action, el, pos) , I added

Code:
file = replaceumlauts( file );

right above the switch (action).

Now, the replace lines listed above only cover the Swedish characters å/ä/ö/Å/Ä/Ö, which are
matched, and replaced by '%xx'. If you have other characters, that requires converting, simply
replace mine, or add more.

The \u value chart can be found here: http://www.javascripter.net/faq/accentedcharacters.htm

Then, you also have add the same funtion to (for instance) crop.js, there replace
(the 1st one is only for the progress meter to work properly)

$.get('progress.jim' + '?perc=' + perc + '&file=' + file,
with
$.get('progress.jim' + '?perc=' + perc + '&file=' + replaceumlauts( file ),

and

.load('execute.jim?file=' + $('#params').attr('file'),
with
.load('execute.jim?file=' + replaceumlauts( $('#params').attr('file') ),

-----
Finally, sorry for raping Javascript, I've never used it before, and I'm sure there's
a better way of adding the new function than putting it in every .js file (where
needed), but I simply don't know how ;)

Thanks - I'll add something similar to the main webif package so everyone can benefit.

Thanks - I'll add something similar to the main webif package so everyone can benefit.
Thnx!

I still haven't been able to fool the clip board to accept the files, it doesn't work with the umlaut conversion, nor without it :(

I've hit a problem with the WebIF. I wanted to pre-create a folder and mark it for no-flatten, so I pulled up the folder name in the recording schedule (change folder option) and copied it, then pasted it into the create folder dialogue.

So, now in the WebIF media browser I have a folder which displays as "The Cruise: A Life at Sea", in the SUI media browser it also displays as "The Cruise: A Life at Sea" - but in the SMB share on networked FOXes it displays as "THECR~WM". Other folders display correctly.

This is caused by the colon. Other folder names do not have colons in them - anywhere a colon would be expected it has been replaced by an underscore. I created a new folder "The Cruise_ A Life at Sea" and sure enough it displays correctly in all places. I anticipate that when the recording is made it will go into this new folder (update: it did).

Consequently, when creating a folder through the WebIF, the code should replace "special" characters with underscore, to properly mimic the behaviour of the native interface (if one tries to create a folder containing a colon through the SUI, it also converts to an underscore).

Crop option: the "perform crop" dialogue needs an "invert selection" option (which switches the "keep" and "cut" sections).

Any chance of an auto-crop setting, so we can set up an auto-crop magic folder? I think there is a package for this, but now things are being unified into the WebIF framework it seems a logical step. Auto-crop will have to default to the non-inverted selection.

A few more random observations (WebIF 1.0.4):

I am having trouble using the WebIF to move non-native files (eg .mp4 and .mp3).

The interface implied I could save the streamer file directly to a USB drive, but it wouldn't do it.

With reference to post 1455, when a series schedule is in the pending list the option to change the destination folder is unavailable, so the schedule has to be promoted to active, and then the destination edited which puts it back into pending. Is there a reason the destination folder should not be edited while the schedule is still pending? A schedule made from the RS could also have the option of an alternative destination folder.

Also it would be useful to have an option in the schedule browser to pre-create the target folder (edited or not), without having to do a manual copy&paste into a Create Folder media browser option.

Can I ask if you've managed to get anywhere on this? (the ability to perform file operations for programmes with accented characters in their name). I've just tried without success to shrink/crop "When Björk Met Attenborough".

I dont know if this is the correct forum to post this on but on webif some programs that are recorded on a standard definition channel (not freeview) are being marked up as HiDef (eg RTE1). As a result some options on the webif are greyed out.

Also when you click on the program synopsis you get the following error.
Runtime Error: file.jim:14: could not read "/media/My Video/_OTHER_One_Off_Recordings/RTÉ News_ Six One_20130804_1900.ts": No such file or directory in procedure 'file' called at file "file.jim", line 14

Also would what was done in post #1452 work to get RTÃ looking like RTÉ ?

Back