[webif] Web interface

...but the EPG function of webif has never appeared to work properly.

The next version should fix that, thanks to Drutt, but in the meantime you can make the change he suggests above and hopefully it will start working for you.

- Keyword Searches display, but when used do not display any results - also the Keywords displayed have lots of trailing characters and make the web page wide!

That's interesting - could you provide a screenshot or more details about the trailing characters? The keywords are pulled from the ones that you've used with the Find screen via the remote. There might be an issue if you've never used that or not used all of the keywords, or maybe something specific to the HD.

* resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /mod/etc/webif.db is different from the
conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /mod/etc/webif.db-opkg.

That's expected. The webif.db file is where your settings are stored. The file that comes with the package is just a blank database. opkg is doing the right thing and not overwriting your locally modified file with the packaged version.

That's interesting - could you provide a screenshot or more details about the trailing characters? The keywords are pulled from the ones that you've used with the Find screen via the remote. There might be an issue if you've never used that or not used all of the keywords, or maybe something specific to the HD.

Don't think a general HD issue - I had a couple of keywords in, and they displayed correctly both before and after linking up with the epg database.

af123,

Thank you for your reply and the assurances regarding the webif.db file.

The keywords do indeed match those of the Find screen via the remote and the trailing characters issue must be related to not linking up with epg data. I will attempt to perform the modification described by Drutt.

Again, many thanks.

The system actually just watches to see which files the Humax is currently accessing and whether they are growing or not. A growing file is shown as a recording in progress, and any other .ts file which is being accessed is shown as being viewed. Given that, it makes sense that a file being copied shows as being watched.
It's pretty crude but I don't know how to improve on it at the moment. xyz321 has already improved on the first version which only detected one recording/playback at a time. More updates may come.

It looks like .hmt files are updated once a minute so, if the hmt file has not been updated in the last 2 minutes, the recording should have stopped. There are other occasions when the hmt will be updated, though, for instance if someone is watching the programme as it is being recorded, so it's probably not that reliable a check.

0.5.5 released:
  • Improvements to look and feel (in my opinion :));
  • Show file and directory sizes when browsing media;
  • EPG should work on HD model (thanks Drutt);
  • Rename option in media browser now functions. Allows rename of file and/or change of title displayed in Media List.

I've had a play and the changes will be useful, many thanks.

A quick bug report - directories with ' & and , in their names still don't seem to have their sizes listed, for example "Penn & Teller_ Fool Us", "Paul O'Grady Live" and "Kill It, Cut It, Use It".

A quick bug report - directories with ' & and , in their names still don't seem to have their sizes listed, for example "Penn & Teller_ Fool Us", "Paul O'Grady Live" and "Kill It, Cut It, Use It".

Thanks - I'll have a look at that. Could be interesting to fix. The directory size calculation is being done asynchronously so there must be an escaping issue somewhere when the data is returned.

Don't know if it had worked previously, but the Opt+ Lock/Unlock option in Media browser isn't working.

Don't know if it had worked previously, but the Opt+ Lock/Unlock option in Media browser isn't working.

It was working in the last version. I'll check again.
Is the option greyed out or just not doing anything when you click?

It was working in the last version. I'll check again.
Is the option greyed out or just not doing anything when you click?
Not greyed out. Just nothing changes after you select Yes in Confirmation dialog.
I've just upgraded hmt to 1.0.5, as I was still on 1.0.4 but this made no difference.
Are there any other dependencies for this function ?
BTW hmt still reports version as 1.0.4 ?

Heh - try 0.5.6 for size.
  • Fixes lock/unlock;
  • Shows which files are unwatched;
  • Shows guidance icon/info;
  • Shows encrypted icon.
I've only tried this in Firefox so far - especially the overlaying of the new image on top of the media image.

hmt 1.0.6 as well - fixes showing of guidance and a few other things.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll hopefully fix the directory sizes with non-alnum characters in the next version.

• Remove another lingering test clause (my release script checks for these now!);
  • Fix directory size calculation (for directories with non-alnum characters);
  • Add overall directory size.
Time to move onto package management before addressing the remote scheduling hurdles.

You've got some stamina! Reminds me of me 20 years ago. Still not taken the plunge, by the time I do you'll have it all working perfec'.

Brill.

Oh to be 20 years younger :)
Thanks. The main problem is juggling this 'hobby' with my day job and home life. Progress isn't going to be incredibly swift as a result. Remote scheduling is somewhat of an elephant in the room too as it is almost definitely going to require writing something to interface with libnexus in order to properly set wakeup timers...

Switching between languages is proving a little interesting too. Last week I wrote or modified programs in around 10 different languages, two of which (tcl/jim & javascript) are still new to me. Programming isn't even my main job!

I have lots of things I want to do to the Humax interface given time. For example, I want to add a plugin architecture so that it is possible to add extra bits to the interface easily - the first plugin I'm thinking of is one to scan the EPG each day for keywords and send emails regarding what is found.

the first plugin I'm thinking of is one to scan the EPG each day for keywords and send emails regarding what is found.
I love that idea!!! At the moment I have to go into Guide periodically and skip through my collection of Find words.

Oh to be 20 years younger :)
Thanks. The main problem is juggling this 'hobby' with my day job and home life. Progress isn't going to be incredibly swift as a result. Remote scheduling is somewhat of an elephant in the room too as it is almost definitely going to require writing something to interface with libnexus in order to properly set wakeup timers...

Switching between languages is proving a little interesting too. Last week I wrote or modified programs in around 10 different languages, two of which (tcl/jim & javascript) are still new to me. Programming isn't even my main job!

I have lots of things I want to do to the Humax interface given time. For example, I want to add a plugin architecture so that it is possible to add extra bits to the interface easily - the first plugin I'm thinking of is one to scan the EPG each day for keywords and send emails regarding what is found.

af123,

Not able to report until now. Installed Drutt's modification for the HD box under webif 0.5.4 and the EPG function burst into life and all looking very nice! Superb even! Belated thanks go to Drutt.

Now under webif 0.5.5 and the keyword and content-type searches are working, but still got trailing characters displaying on the keywords (Firefox in use). Not a problem at all, but interesting - are they null characters being displayed in a fixed length field? Could send you a screenshot, but I won't post it here.

The EPG function is great and being able to 'Search descriptions as well as titles' is a real bonus. Now with a prospect of e-mail alerts being sent based on EPG content?! - great stuff!

The pace of development you are showing is truly remarkable - well done. Best regards.

The EPG function is great and being able to 'Search descriptions as well as titles' is a real bonus.

Yes, I rarely look at the EPG on-TV-screen any more. I've taken some care to make sure the screens look ok on an iPad for some reason that escapes me...:D

I also like being able to show all up-coming films and tend to scroll down the list every week or so. Once I can schedule them from the same page I'll be very happy.

Feel free to PM me a screenshot, or send it to <my forum user name>@hummypkg.org.uk

Back