What’s it worth

Robti

So disconnected my hdr-fox t2 yesterday as it hasn’t been switched on for a couple of months now, has a 2Tb drive fitted and the custom firmware, can anyone suggest a price to sell it at as the bay hasn’t any 2Tb ones sold in the past to compare with ?
Thanks

CF installed doesn't affect the value in any positive way, possibly even negative on the open market. You should take it back to stock (HDD and flash). Anyone wanting CF can install it for themselves easily enough, and if they wouldn't find that easy then they're not the type who would value it.

2TB (not "Tb"!!! "b" means bits not bytes) might attract a better price, but I doubt it. You would do better by fitting standard 500GB (if you have one) and keeping the 2TB drive for yourself.

CF installed doesn't affect the value in any positive way, possibly even negative on the open market. You should take it back to stock (HDD and flash). Anyone wanting CF can install it for themselves easily enough, and if they wouldn't find that easy then they're not the type who would value it.

2TB (not "Tb"!!! "b" means bits not bytes) might attract a better price, but I doubt it. You would do better by fitting standard 500GB (if you have one) and keeping the 2TB drive for yourself.
Thanks I will put it back to standard then and see if I have a 500GB disk spare

Thanks I will put it back to standard then and see if I have a 500GB disk spare
Could be interested.

An elderly neighbour replaced their old 4:1 CRT TV with a 32" Sony which only has HDMI imputs and no analogue tuner, so their old '9200T needs replacing. I've got a suitable HD here and no problem with custom f/w.

FWIW they said they had stuff on the 9200T but it's empty, the schedule has nothing, the tuning is odd and the remote buttons under the sliding cover are spotless unlike the others.

Could be interested.

An elderly neighbour replaced their old 4:1 CRT TV with a 32" Sony which only has HDMI imputs and no analogue tuner, so their old '9200T needs replacing. I've got a suitable HD here and no problem with custom f/w.

FWIW they said they had stuff on the 9200T but it's empty, the schedule has nothing, the tuning is odd and the remote buttons under the sliding cover are spotless unlike the others.
Hi sorry just seen the notification for this, the box has been cleaned out dust wise and fan checked and cleaned, new customised firmware installed, orange film removed from front display but 2Tb drive refitted as it was the only one remote and box in good condition I used a harmony remote. No box or papers with it. Let me know if you’re still interested?
Thanks

Hi sorry just seen the notification for this, the box has been cleaned
Now it's my time to apologise. One thing led to another and preparing to replace a windowsill led to excavating floor inside the garden door to deal with the builder's messed-up DPM/DPC interface and its consequences.

What would you be prepared to take for the HDR without disk - I've got a couple of 500GB spares that will be OK for this application and I don't need another 2GB ATM. Private message or whatever this forum calls them is fine.

What would you be prepared to take for the HDR without disk.
A 500GB V1 popped up on FB Marketplace last night 10 miles away for £30 so I went and got it this morning. It's been opened but I can't see why. Remote, like the unit, is clean but the case legends around the joypad are worn but not the buttons,

Stripped, cleaned, filter removed etc. and powered up OK but not yet connected so I may be back...

Last edited:
SMART, run on a PC, reports 2075 days. 13k power cycles, 26k stop/start cycles and everything else fine. A long self-test comes back no errors too. I've replaced C3 in the PSU's snubber network with a physically bigger 100pF so that should head off that failure. CFW next.

Remote, like the unit, is clean...
Unlike the inside. The space between the keypad and PCB was filled with the largest amount of oily gunk that I've ever come across - it had got to the back of the PCB and almost dripped off. In the past this stuff has always been water-soluble but not this time.
No damage once cleaned other than a couple of small marks from getting the case apart.

A 500GB V1 popped up on FB Marketplace... 10 miles away for £30.
Just picked up another one, this time 13 miles away but only a tenner.
Spotted a minor drop ding on one corner and couldn't see anything on the VFD so assumed the two were related. But no, the display was faded to the point that the orange filter made it invisible.
The remote looks like it'll have the same oily mess inside as the last one, and although the seal was intact one of the PSU PCB screws was missing.

Last edited:
If anyone near West London is looking for a second-hand HDR-Fox T2 mine is currently on eBay/FB Marketplace for £45, but I'd take £40 cash if anyone wants to collect it. I put the original 500GB drive back in, as I'd tried an upgrade to a Seagate 2TB drive and was getting some glitches when playing back recordings. I checked again after putting the 500GB drive in and it seems fine now.
I've since bought an Aura, so have finally decided to end my long attachment to the T2.

Back