What happened to Silent Witness?

TimK2015

Hi Folks

Anyone know what happened with Silent Witness last night? Both my Fox T2 and Foxsat failed to record although the EPG was still showing it at 9pm. EPG still shows episode 6 for tonight which is pointless if 5 hasn't been shown.

Something to do with what's happening with BoJo?

My old Digitalstream failed to record it too and I have also seen a report of a Freesat box failing to record. My initial guess was that there had been an addional / extended news bulletin re the state of affairs in Parliament but the EPG still looked normal.

This is in addition to a number of radio programmes going missing in action from BBC Sounds in recent days so now thinking their IT systems are suffering multiple issues.

Had the same problem. The hmt file was there but nothing else. Looking at the TV at about 21:55 showed it was being broadcast. Have downloaded from iPlayer.
I checked the CRID and that seemed okay.
Will monitor tonight to make sure we get the last episode.

It was shown at 9pm - we watched it live but it did fail to record - must have been some BBC screwup with the crid broadcast.

must have been some BBC screwup with the crid broadcast.
Even if the correct CRID turns up, but more than 15 minutes (IIRC) after the expected time previously advertised in the EPG, the recording fails "could not track".

Trying to play the lightning strikes gives an on-screen message indicating the reason. That could have been diagnostic. The same information can be extracted from the .hmt file using the hmt utility.

I suspect that the BBC were preparing for a live News flash to announce the vote of confidence result but changed their minds at the last moment but screwed up the crids in the process - there was announcement just before Silent Witness saying to see the BBC News Channel for the vote result.
Recording BBC News at 10 started correctly on time but it overran its scheduled time but the crids for the Local news and Weather were not adjusted so those programmes didn't record properly.

Code:
 hmt "Silent Witness_20220606_2100"
Format:SD
Title:Silent Witness
ITitle:
Channel:1 (BBC ONE South)
Episode:0,0/0
Folder:/mnt/hd2/My Video/Silent Witness/
Filename:Silent Witness_20220606_2100
Genre:Unclassified (0)
EPG:
Raw file is encrypted on disk.

Recording Status: Scrambled (Failed: Unable to track)
Flags: SD,New,Unlimited Copies,ODEncrypted,

Last edited:
We don't watch Silent Witness but I record The Airport ... which precedes it on BBC1 ... on our Freesat box.
When I watched TA later last night I noticed it said 1h2m though it's only a 30 min programme and found that it had recorded the first half hour of SW as well.

So probably a broadcaster cockup sending the crid 30 minutes late.

We don't watch Silent Witness but I record The Airport ... which precedes it on BBC1 ... on our Freesat box.
When I watched TA later last night I noticed it said 1h2m though it's only a 30 min programme and found that it had recorded the first half hour of SW as well.

So probably a broadcaster cockup sending the crid 30 minutes late.
Ditto.
I recorded the programme that preceded it, and found that recording extended to cover both programmes in one, while Silent Witness itself failed to record on its own.

Back