What we Know so Far . . .

No-one has reported on this site (as yet) as an owner of a 2000T and Humax have not mentioned this feature. I think there is a good chance that it will be the same as the Fox-T2 in this respect, which would mean yes for Standard Def. files, but it's only a guess

Newb alert!
Hello everyone. I just got a 2000T after my trusty 9200T just went wrong after about 7 years (or whenever it came out) excellent service. It turns on and shows the picture for about 4 seconds, then it freezes, and the sound stops a few seconds later. I tried another disk, which it formated OK, but still had the same problem with freezing. Anyway that's another story.

A couple of 2000T observations:
This is a bit odd, but the Humax remote control volume buttons don't work on BBC 1 HD, but they do on BBC 1 SD. Very strange...
I'm having trouble getting my AV amp to auto switch to the Humax when turned on and have to manually change the input which is a bit of a pain. The AV amp is a Marantz NR1504, and it's new to me so it may be user error. I've not had an AV amp until recently though, but I'm surprised if it doesn't auto switch HDMI inputs. I have the Humax connected to one of the HDMI inputs, and the ARC connection from the amp to the TV.

What volume control there is on the Humax isn't enough range. This was the case with the old 9200T too, but the new one seems worse?

The other annoying thing is that the universal remote function doesn't work with my TV, which is a new Panasonic TX-L42E6B (This years model). None of the code seem to work for this TV. Just bad luck I guess. I don't suppose it's likely that Humax will (or can) upgrade it for new TV's?

Any help appreciated :)

after my trusty 9200T just went wrong after about 7 years (or whenever it came out) excellent service. It turns on and shows the picture for about 4 seconds, then it freezes, and the sound stops a few seconds later.
For what its worth the usual fix for that problem is to turn on the 9200 with the aerial removed. This should allow you to gain control and do a reset to default settings which should fix the problem.

For what its worth the usual fix for that problem is to turn on the 9200 with the aerial removed. This should allow you to gain control and do a reset to default settings which should fix the problem.

Really! I must not be too good at searching as I didn't come across that when I looked. I'll give it a go thanks.

Komatoes, when you get a chance, try copying a Standard Definition recordings on your 2000T to a USB Flash / hard disk and see if the resulting file can be played on a P.C., This is the request in #123
BTW
An electronic copy of the User Manual would be useful, but I guess you were not supplied with a pdf file on disk and I guess it's not a very easy thing to scan

That worked Martin. Thanks very much for the help! Anyone want to buy a 2000T :p

Ezra I will when SWMBO isn't watching TV. I wouldn't hold out much hope of it working though.

This is a bit odd, but the Humax remote control volume buttons don't work on BBC 1 HD, but they do on BBC 1 SD. Very strange...
Not at all strange, it sounds exactly the same as the HD/HDR-FOX when the sound preference is set to "multichannel" not "stereo". This only happens with some TVs. If you don't need surround sound (on the occasions it is actually being transmitted), set your audio preference to Stereo.

It is better to leave the Humax volume at max (or at a level where HiDef and StDef are similar) and control the final volume at the amp / TV.

Popped into PC World in Carlisle today and the salesman pointed to the FOX T2 as it's being discontinued. Price £179.97. He said get one as they'd had little trouble with them. He is hoping that the replacement model will be as good. I told him I'd had one for over 3 years!

Newb alert!
Hello everyone. I just got a 2000T ...
If you get a minute could you look in the menus and tell us what software/firmware versions your 2000T is running please? If it's like the HDR Fox-T2 then it should be somewhere under Menu->Settings->System->System Information.

The audio setting Black Hole is referring to is under Settings->Preferences->Audio->Digital Audio Output (at least on the T2). Try changing that and see if you get volume control on the HD channels.

Model Name: HDR-2000T
Software Version: UKTFAC 1.00.07
Loader Version: UKFAC 1.02
System ID: 80BC.7E10
Update Date: 12 Sept 2013
MICOM Version: 12.4

As for the files playing on the PC, yes it works! It took an age to copy it, and produced 4 files all with the same name and 4 files different file extensions. They were .hmt .nts .thm and .ts - Windows Media player played the .ts file with no problems at all with sound.

Hope that helps. :)

Found the audio setting too, so thanks for that. :D

As for the files playing on the PC, yes it works! It took an age to copy it, and produced 4 files all with the same name and 4 files different file extensions. They were .hmt .nts .thm and .ts - Windows Media player played the .ts file with no problems at all with sound.

Hope that helps :)
Thank you, you're a star!:D

It does sound quite 'foxish', which leads on to a thought that I suspect is on a few minds - does foxy (I like a long shot :lol: ) work for hd recordings?

Could potentionally be an interesting box.

The Foxy process will be a lot quicker if you can FTP into the 2000T, because you can copy off just the small hmt file, modify it and then FTP it back. If FTP is not possible you would have to copy the whole set of files to USB in order to get to the hmt file, however I'm guessing you will be able to get into the files using FTP, there are notes on using FTP in the Foxy link

As for the files playing on the PC, yes it works! It took an age to copy it, and produced 4 files all with the same name and 4 files different file extensions. They were .hmt .nts .thm and .ts

Would you be willing to share the .hmt file? It would be interesting to see if it is the same structure as the T2.

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.[/quote]

Back