What's happened to bookmarking?

Charles Harris

I've had two previous Humax PVRs and they both had the facility to add bookmarks to recordings so you can find a favourite scene.

This was a very useful feature. For example, my wife and I would use it to mark something in a programme that we wanted the other to see.

I can't see this facility in our latest FVP-4000T. Does it still exist? I can't believe they've removed such a simple and useful feature. Has anyone else missed it? Or is it there somewhere?

Nor topping and tailing recordings, and removing adverts.

But you can download them to PC, edit them, use Raydon's AV2HDR-T2 and re-upload to Humax - if you're that way inclined.
To an extent. You only get the video track and the main audio track; no audiodescription or subtitles. Also, AV2HDR-T2 can't cope with latm-AAC audio, so it won't work with anything carried on a DVB-T2 transmitter, unless you transcode the audio (e.g. to AC3) first.

To an extent. You only get the video track and the main audio track; no audiodescription or subtitles. Also, AV2HDR-T2 can't cope with latm-AAC audio, so it won't work with anything carried on a DVB-T2 transmitter, unless you transcode the audio (e.g. to AC3) first.
Quite true. In fact, that is a bit of a pain on a 2000T. You can top and tail and remove ads and make do with single audio, no subtitles in mp4 or mkv containers - but I get the point. I have no idea whether the editing functions are available for T2 multiplexes on the HDR-FOX-T2. My experience for on-box editing was (and occasionally still is) with a 9150T which, of course, doesn't recognise the T2 multiplexes. I rarely bother with AV2HDR-T2 myself, I just put mpg or mkv files back on the 2000T and play them. Obviously without AD or subtitles.

Last edited:
Back