What's the weather like where you are ?

Likewise. Can't be doing with l/100 km or whatever it is. It's upside down to start with, which is annoying.
I use MPG too, probably because that has been traditional (and not metric), but I can see the sense in l/100km because it is a proportional (rather than inverse) measure of consumption - so it is geared towards how much a journey will cost rather than a salesman's tool for hyping up how good a car is (or how bad: if you worry about MPG you're not the right customer for a Veyron, sir).

Last edited:
I suppose it's useful if you are returning a hire car with its tank full and want to know how much you can get away with.

The weather here in the Lakes today is,well just weather! Benign,cloudy, boring and 12C-53.8F

All this discussion about metric-imperial conversions reminds me of when I was in Australia a couple of years ago for my nieces wedding. Our car was used to transport the bridesmaids to the wedding venue, so my sister (Mother of Bride) wanted some ribbons on the door handles. One of the brides friends was assigned to assist me cut the roll of ribbon to lengths for the door handles. She asked me how long I wanted the pieces and I replied 'about 18 inches', resulting in her reply that she didn't know how long that was. She understood 'about half a meter' though.

And I agree about the uselessness of l/100km. It sounds like a French measurement to me ... :rolleyes:

Anything that keeps them off the streets is fine by me.
It doesn't though, does it! Seen the way they turn out for school in the mornings, regardless of weather? Apparently it isn't "cool" to wear a coat (you're right, you could be warm and dry instead of freezing and wet). I wasn't allowed out of the house unless appropriately dressed for whatever inclemency was on the cards!

I remember walking to school across ice, in shoes with no grip and zero insulation

It doesn't though, does it! Seen the way they turn out for school in the mornings,
Thought you were referring to the holidays. They have to go to school, although many seem not to bother. They don't have to get wet in the holidays, and congregate in a big gang near to my house, shouting and swearing... :mad:

Great to see you guys are enjoying this Weather thread ! ..nice one!! ...
Sadly Munich weather is awful this week ..!...just cold , cloudy and rainy! ..:-((

Back