which log to check to understand why recording did not start

...why ID would screw up AR? Even if that was the case then it's clearly not caused by AR.

Some people find AR unreliable precisely because it relies on the ID - the two are inexorably linked.
When people say "I find AR unreliable" they're not referring to the HDR's implementation but rather the fact that AR relies on the fallible broadcasters.

But, like you, I always use AR and very rarely do I have a problem. Pros out way the cons in my opinion.

The only problem that I have ever had with AR was on the last GP when the BBC 'changed channels'. Apparently this is a known problem even when the CRID is the same for both episodes.

You are very lucky if you have never had a "failed to track" recording. I record Weatherview daily as a test, and there are long periods when it records without a hitch, but there are occasions when it fails.

I must be very lucky then as I have never had a 'fail to track' on any of my HDRs. I use AR by default. Having said that, I mainly record from BBC.

Some people find AR unreliable precisely because it relies on the ID - the two are inexorably linked.
I see.
I/kids record stuff on many channels always AR and the only recent fails were 3 concurrent recs apart from the recent issue with world cup which I suppose frequently changing caught them out

Back