WiKi – Custom Firmware Documentation

Ezra Pound

For a WiKi Guide to Custom Firmware Start Here

NOTE:- Due to some 'Unwanted Guests' in the WiKi, Write permission is now a two stage process:-
1) Create a User Account on the WiKi page
2) Send a personal Message to af123 or ezra pound on this site by clicking on 'Inbox' >> 'Start a New Conversation' requesting Write permission ( approved status)

Note:- As 'read only' access to the WiKi does not require the creation of a user account, any account holder that does not complete stage 2 with 7 days will have the account removed from the WiKi, NOTE:- It will still be possible to read the WiKi

Sorry to have to add more 'Red Tape' but we do need to protect the WiKi [Updated 11 Sep. 2012]

O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o

Feel free to enter any comments on WiKi documentation in this thread

O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o O o

Wiki page Remote Scheduling.

There seems to be two functions not described in the text:

Selecting the Pie chart will display the video folder. (It is possible to delete a recording.)

Selecting a programme in the Top 10/30 list will display all broadcast times with the ability to set up a recording from there.

Thanks Ezra.

Sorry to carp but Rs-media.png should show all recordings as the Eddie Chapman one.

The hidden features might not have been found by casual users. I like to explore all possibilities. :)

Thanks Ezra.

Sorry to carp but Rs-media.png should show all recordings as the Eddie Chapman one.

All the others entries are clickable sub folders, e.g. series of programs, Have you been using the flatten package?

Apologies. I see on closer inspection what I missed before. Never seen so many folders!

No, I like my folders. I have downloaded it but not installed it. I would have to rename the folders I wish to keep if I ran it. I would prefer it if it was the case that the ones you wished to flatten had to be marked. Or am I reading it wrongly?

No, I like my folders. I have downloaded it but not installed it. I would have to rename the folders I wish to keep if I ran it. I would prefer it if it was the case that the ones you wished to flatten had to be marked. Or am I reading it wrongly?

No, you're correct, although I'm going to upload a new version this evening which will look for marks and leave those folders alone. The marks will have to be created via FTP/Telnet for now though.

Thanks. I didn't mean to comment here. I was just answering Ezra's question. I will delete that part of my reply if you like.

I have added Raydon's AV2HDR-T2 to the WiKi HERE, This utility adds Humax fuctions like Thumbnail, Program synopsis, Guidance text, Fast forward / Rewind, Resume from last position etc to videos not recorded on a Humax

I have added a 'Guide To Disassembling your Remote Control' to the WiKil HERE, NOTE:- It's a bit fiddly and should only be done if necessary

Added a new WiKi Page HERE for Multi-Mode Recording which will hopfully allow users to have the best of both worlds when it comes to choosing between Padding and Accurate Recording, As it allows them to be applied on a channel by channel basis

Thanks. I think it could do with info. on what you can do with 'Maintenance mode'. Currently this is disk maintenance, i.e. formatting disks up to 2TB and file system checks. The HDR internal disk can only be checked by this method if removal is not an option.

To combat the spammers who keep trying to make changes to the Wiki content I've had to add some extra security to it; users now need approving before they are able to make changes. I don't want to restrict editing from real users - the ability for anyone to make changes is what makes a Wiki content really useful - but if you'd like edit access please PM me or Ezra and we'll approve your account. I've already approved everyone that I recognise from the forums who signed up before December but if I've missed anyone, let me know, it isn't personal! You can tell if you're approved by whether there is an Edit tab at the top of a page next to the Read tab..

Added a WiKi page for the new Remote Scheduling Mobile web page HERE, That works with Apple devices , Android Devices and Pocket P.C. (Windows Mobile) devices

Back