Wiki

Very strange I can get it from my phone on 3G but not on my work network or on a seprate broadband link . Thanks everyone for checking its obviously a problem my end somewhere I'll keep looking

It may have something to do with the DNS server used by your broadband router. If the domain expired temporarily (a reminder that somebody pays the bill on behalf of us all), one particular DNS appears to have been quick to react while the others didn't get the message at all.

Mine was OK earlier today but glitched to a parking page when I tried it about 1145. Half an hour later it's back (obviously).
Maybe the DNS glitched earlier today and it's rippling out across the various servers.

There seems to be a definite DNS problem. The hummy.tv domain is currently pointing to nameservers which handle expired domain names. It looks like it's paid up so hopefully just an administrative error somewhere.

Use the edit button, then delete all your text. Replace with something like 'Deleted'

I dont seem to be able to access the wiki at present , I get some sort of domain parking page is there a problem?
If you can access the hummy.tv forum (which is also having difficulties at present), you can access the Wiki by using the link at the top of all Forum pages. There is an alternative link to the hummy.tv forum posted by af123 on another forum, it is :- http://hummy.hpkg.tv/ but if you are reading this you probably don't need it, although it might be worth making a note of it as the DNS servers are still having problems with hummy.tv

Looks like the DNS problem is resolved, it just may take a while for it to propagate.
Code:
 % dig ns hummy.tv @a5.nstld.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.3-P2 <<>> ns hummy.tv @a5.nstld.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 23749
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;hummy.tv.                      IN      NS

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
hummy.tv.               172800  IN      NS      ns1.mediatemple.net.
hummy.tv.               172800  IN      NS      ns2.mediatemple.net.

This morning I can't access hummy.tv at all. Unfortunately only a few will know about the alternative link, but it may come in useful in the future.

I published on the twitter feed as well as myhumax.org so a fair number will know, but it should be all coming back now. It's fine on my 4G connection now anyway.

you can access the Wiki by using the link at the top of all Forum pages.
Not if the DNS is borked you can't... which it is here.
hummy.tv is bust as well, but I got round that by putting the IP address in the Hosts file.
The same trick doesn't work for the Wiki - it just leads you off to the server default page for www.citrus-it.co.uk

Not if the DNS is borked you can't... which it is here.
hummy.tv is bust as well, but I got round that by putting the IP address in the Hosts file.
The same trick doesn't work for the Wiki - it just leads you off to the server default page for www.citrus-it.co.uk
The wiki link at the top of the forum is currently working OK for me.

Looks like the DNS problem is resolved, it just may take a while for it to propagate.
Code:
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
hummy.tv.               172800  IN      NS      ns1.mediatemple.net.
hummy.tv.               172800  IN      NS      ns2.mediatemple.net.
Up to 48 hours (172800 seconds).

Back