1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will all packages need re-installing when upgrading to HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_2.13?

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by Rob Singlehurst, Nov 6, 2012.

1. I've got a lovely HDR Fox T2 currently running 1.02.20 mod 1.14 with a lot of packages installed. If I upgrade to 1.02.20 mod 2.13 will I have to re-install all of the packages?

Cheers,

--Rob Singlehurst

2. digitalspace

digitalspace Member

No, well, go to diagnostics and run prepare_for_upgrade and after that you should be able to update to 2.13 just fine.

3. Thank-you, that's great!
    Presumably in the web interface I just type prepare_for_upgrade in Utilities > Run Diagnostic?

4. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

Yes you replace the word general with prepare_for_upgrade in the diagnostics screen HERE and then click Run Diagnostic

5. Thanks Ezra,
    I looked further down that page and found out what that command does too!

Cheers,

6. Ezra Pound

I've just changed the wording slightly in the WiKi, to show the change over point is from 1.02.20 or earlier to 1.02.27 or later and that ir (the Remote Controller) could be effected.

7. I'm sticking to the 1.02.20 factory firmware (I've had the disable-ota package installed for some time as I saw the problems on here with later builds). Does the prepare_for_upgrade still apply in my case? Or is it just worth running as a matter of course. I presume I run it just before shutting down to perform the upgrade?

8. Ezra Pound

It wouldn't do any harm to run prepare_for_upgrade in any situation, but it is designed to prevent problems with redring, undelete, portal-xtra1, and ir , on upgrade. It should (as you say ) be run just before shutting down to perform the upgrade

9. Thank-you, will have a play tonight!

10. Went a treat! :) I've added the undelete package now - that was the main reason for upgrading. Thanks to everyone for all of the work they put into all of this!