Will all packages need re-installing when upgrading to HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_2.13?

I've got a lovely HDR Fox T2 currently running 1.02.20 mod 1.14 with a lot of packages installed. If I upgrade to 1.02.20 mod 2.13 will I have to re-install all of the packages?

Cheers,

--Rob Singlehurst

I've just changed the wording slightly in the WiKi, to show the change over point is from 1.02.20 or earlier to 1.02.27 or later and that ir (the Remote Controller) could be effected.

I'm sticking to the 1.02.20 factory firmware (I've had the disable-ota package installed for some time as I saw the problems on here with later builds). Does the prepare_for_upgrade still apply in my case? Or is it just worth running as a matter of course. I presume I run it just before shutting down to perform the upgrade?

It wouldn't do any harm to run prepare_for_upgrade in any situation, but it is designed to prevent problems with redring, undelete, portal-xtra1, and ir , on upgrade. It should (as you say ) be run just before shutting down to perform the upgrade

Went a treat! :) I've added the undelete package now - that was the main reason for upgrading. Thanks to everyone for all of the work they put into all of this!

Back