wishlist on next update

1) Media sharing works with HD files on a wider set of clients (e.g. XBMC, Windows Media Player)
2) Media sharing allows for ffwd/rwnd (or jumping fwd/back)
3) Browsing recording media either fits in some of the description into the overview (next to the thumbnail), or allows you to press up/down to move to the next recorded item (whilst viewing the full detail).. that'd be useful for scanning through episodes of kids TV trying to find the ep they're on about! ;) At least the series auto-filer modifications I made sort this out :-D
4) Basic editing of recordings.. help us remove the crud at the start/end + Ads.

I'd prefer Youtube not to load the right pane at the start - if I'm finding something for the kids I don't necessarily want them to read the titles or see the thumbnails of some of the most popular content while I go down to search.

I'd like to see more catch-up services (ITV player, 4OD etc) added to the portal. Haven't heard of plans to do this though. I don't usually watch these channels as much as BBC but it would create a more complete package.

one thing i've noticed, when series record asks to use any +1 channel, it only seems to record that one episode and then the programme appears blank at the bottom of the schedule. bug or epg problem??

still want this from the january wishlist thread

i'd like to be able to sort the future recordings lists alphabetically

also when you rename a folder why does the next recording always reset the folder back to the original?

media sharing to work properly ;0)
The box plays numerous different types of files but their media server does not, well not Humax to Humax, works fine on my PC.

If I move a folder of recordings elsewhere, then I'd like subsequent recordings to end up in that moved folder rather than a new one in the root of the drive. E.g. I move all the kids series into folder with their name on.. and future recordings will end up in there. Not much to ask for.. should be simple to implement, since I've not even renamed the folders.

If I move a folder of recordings elsewhere, then I'd like subsequent recordings to end up in that moved folder rather than a new one in the root of the drive...

Sounds like you would benefit from using Af123's modded firmware with Sam Widges series Auto Filer script...

I want Trailer Booking to be looked at again.
Currently if you press the green button, the list that comes up can show 3/4 listings for the program with no immedite difference.
Its only after setting a recording that you notice there is also an HD option instead of the SD one or that one of them is a series link rather than a standard record option.

Nice to see these things are tested with real people :mad: and that even after their last f/w update corrected the button location, they didnt actually check the rest of it or even try to improve it. :rolleyes:

I would like to be able to delete a recorded program after watching it without a standby reset, it works sometimes and not others. also when viewing the video media why does it show folders with only music in them.
having had this model now for nearly a year i have reported a fair few bugs to humax and never had any replys, some have been fixed some not, my biggest ever niggle is that you cant just press record and it starts recording the program from the beginning (even if you have been on the channel for since bootup). my old matsui twin tuner did this very well.

I would like to be able to delete a recorded program after watching it without a standby reset, it works sometimes and not others.

If you press stop when you have finished watching the programme, then it should always allow you to delete it. Otherwise the file is in use (considered as still being played) even if you have gone back into the media list. It is a niggle though.

there doesnt seem to be any patern why it wont delete, you can even watch something else thats recorded, then go back and it still wont. press standby and wait a 10 secs or so then restart and it deletes fine.

the front display is as we know too dim to read when the sun is above the horizon and is only visible when the curtains are drawn.
Any electronics experts out there who can look at the circuit and decide which resistor needs changing to brighten it up ?

Steve

the front display is as we know too dim to read when the sun is above the horizon and is only visible when the curtains are drawn.
Any electronics experts out there who can look at the circuit and decide which resistor needs changing to brighten it up ?
...and then you'll get a load of people complaining it's too bright in subdued lighting. It would need a brightness control - and a good few would be happy if there was an "off" control.

My wish: a "mind reader" mode that records a programme even before you know you wanted it and it's half way through.

So then you would add a light dependant resistor near the front display so it dims or brightens according to the light conditions.
A question to those in the know, how difficult would it be to add a popup when record is pressed to allow recording to start from the start of current program or from the maximum time or from the current point ?

My wish: a "mind reader" mode
haha I think thats what iPlayer is for lol

Considering we all paid top dollar for this box, its suprising how many flaws there are and the lack of ITV Player/4OD & channel 5's version is really disappointing. After owning this box for nearly a year now, I'm shocked that these are still awol and no announcments have been made. And also that its taking Humax so damn long to put a firmware together that fixes all the flaws and maxmizes the potentional of the portal.

Sure, Sky Player is coming but I'm really struggling to see the logic in putting it on a top of the line Freeview box when you need a subscription?
As if there are going to be that many people who have Sky but also buy a top of the line Freeview box? madness.
Saying that though, Sky have most likely paid stupid money to Humax for their addition to the portal as a subtle marketing technique to tempt people to the dark side.

I have found a simpler solution to the display, i have reverted it back to the green type, much better.

Steve

So then you would add a light dependant resistor near the front display so it dims or brightens according to the light conditions.
Yes, I know it could be done, but I don't think we can do it - I for one have no intention of dismantling it without a compelling reason. Also depends on the display technology - I think it might be VF (vacuum flourescent).
A question to those in the know, how difficult would it be to add a popup when record is pressed to allow recording to start from the start of current program or from the maximum time or from the current point ?
Very difficult! None of the mods so far have changed the existing operational firmware, they are all additions which add new processes (the advantage of a multi-tasking OS). If we (AF123!) could intercept the process communications to read RC input and/or inject simulated RC input all sorts of things would become possible.

looking at the the way the system goes into standby it does dim the clock, so there may be some software intervention that could be altered, but like you say its not yet in the hands of the external developers. It is a flourescent vacume tube.

Back