wishlist on next update

On the front of the display tube they have selotaped a rectangle of orange plastic, it just peels off and could be stuck back if required. Orange is filtering too much of the light produced by the green display tube.

Well i prefer it, can provide instructions for other users if required

Steve

On the front of the display tube they have selotaped a rectangle of orange plastic, it just peels off and could be stuck back if required. Orange is filtering too much of the light produced by the green display tube.

Well i prefer it, can provide instructions for other users if required

Steve

That sounds like screen protector fitted to all Humax kit to protect the displays from being scratched in transit. They used to be clear and as a result could be near impossible to spot. The Foxsat-hdr has one under the drop down flap which affected the remote control if not removed. You need a microscope to spot it. I guess they now use coloured ones to make them more obvious

:D That's cute. There are others who use a totally-opaque "screen protector" because they find the display too distracting!

here you go, this is the filter and what it looks like now
Humax-display.png

Sounds like you would benefit from using Af123's modded firmware with Sam Widges series Auto Filer script...

Just been looking at the modded firmware & it looks brilliant! When I get a chance I'll be getting that installed.. just had a baby daughter born on Monday so things are a little frantic ;) Could you point me towards Sam's Auto Filer script.. can't see it listed on the packages site (http://hummypkg.org.uk/).

I must admit the 'dim' orange display is too dim for me. Thanks for the tip, but I am a little unsure whether to invalidate the warranty for 'cosmetic' reasons. I am already using the customised firmware and find it VERY good. Especially the Web Interface. But I know I can restore 'as new' if required without breaking the tamper seal.

mine came off intack with a hairdryer warming it up, you have to decide if its going to fail in the warranty time left.

Lol. Couldn't wait. Already done it. It just peeled of easily. The brighter green matches my other AV kit now. The Humax was always 'the odd one out' when it came to display colour. Not to mention the brightness of the display.
If the Hummy fails it fails. I have taken the risk now too late! Feet first is my motto! (Catches me out a time or two, lol).

When it auto dimmed when it was orange it was next to useless. I really don't know what Humax were thinking in the first place. It might be just be OK in a dimly lit room in Winter, but not this time of the year. IMHO.

here you go, this is the filter and what it looks like now
I tried this today and no matter how much I tugged I coudn't get one of the display cables off the main pcb. I even broke the retaining clip on the socket so gave up in the end as I didn't want to damage the cable or pcb as it's any a few months old and still under warranty.

Back