Xenforo 1.3.5

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
It's great having a WYSIWYG post editor in iOS now, but I have a complaint: opening a long post for editing produces an edit window as long as the post, requiring a whole-screen scroll and sending the tool bar of the top of the screen when manipulating text lower down. Shouldn't the window be entirely within the screen, with the post text scrolling within it?

And where have the smileys gone? What's with the tiny font in the reply box?
This is absolute rubbish on a full screen display in IE11
Put it back as it was and let the bickerers bicker.

It is possible to revert to the old style reply box by selecting the icon on the right of the toolbar.

In message, the smiley button is broken as reported above.
The help menu has disappeared.
On my Nexus 7, in landscape it is OK, but in portrait the latest message section just disappears.

Edit in case people accuse me of changing my post: It isn't broken. It isn't there.
Other than that a perfect solution for bickering ;=)

There appears to be a broken smiley. The RTFM just diaplays this: :rtfm:

No doubt when it is fixed, this post will look even sillier than it does now!

Is it supposed to be animated?, I noticed that when you hover over the emoticon it doesn't spell out the letters either, I suppose you can always look it up

Is it supposed to be animated?, I noticed that when you hover over the emoticon it doesn't spell out the letters either, I suppose you can always look it up
:rtfm:This is not an animated emoticon, and when you hover over it you should see RTFM :rtfm:.

In message, the smiley button is broken as reported above.
The help menu has disappeared.
On my Nexus 7, in landscape it is OK, but in portrait the latest message section just disappears.
The Help menu is accessed from the bottom Right hand corner of the page.

It's great having a WYSIWYG post editor in iOS now, but I have a complaint: opening a long post for editing produces an edit window as long as the post, requiring a whole-screen scroll and sending the tool bar of the top of the screen when manipulating text lower down. Shouldn't the window be entirely within the screen, with the post text scrolling within it?
Is the edit facility any better now? I have disabled the following option.

Enable Inline Editing of Messages
If enabled, messages will be edited in an overlay. This has caused problems for a limited number of people, so you can disable this and edit messages using a full page.

No, no better. The pop-up edit window is disabled, but the "more options" stand-alone edit page also opens as large as required to accommodate a long post, and scrolling down to the later text pushes the toolbar off the top of the screen.

Does the same not happen in other browsers?

For reference, the previous version of Xenforo opened edit panes which were no bigger than the screen, and text scrolled within them.

Back