You can't record a series link whilst an episode is playing live

Member 7823

You can't record a series link whilst an episode is playing live. How absurd is that!!!! And tidy still haven't fixed it

You mean you can't set up a new recording? HDR-FOX users are used to picking up the next episode in the EPG (maybe 7 days later) and setting series record on that. There is no option to record for an EPG entry which has already started.

Presumably you can still record what remains of the current episode being broadcast?

If it's the same as the HDR-Fox T2, then yes, you can also re-wind the buffer and record from the program start BUT you can't do it by selecting from the EPG

Presumably you can still record what remains of the current episode being broadcast?
If it's the same as the HDR-Fox T2, then yes, you can also re-wind the buffer and record from the program start BUT you can't do it by selecting from the EPG
There is no need for a re-wind unless you also want what ever is in the live buffer for the prior programme on the current channel.

You can still record the live episode just by pressing record. It's just absurd you can set up a series link and they still haven't bothered sorting out out

Not certain whether the 2000T would allow this. You can't create a timer using the EPG from an event in the past. ie. You can't watch the News at Ten and set a (series link) timer from the EPG for News at Ten. Clearly, you can manually record the rest of the news, or rewind and record the whole thing - as has been said. If you want to series link, isn't the correct thing to go to the next episode (N@10 tomorrow) in the EPG and series link from there. Or am I missing the point?

they still haven't bothered sorting out out
Well, maybe your inability to express yourself in proper written English has something to do with your lack of influence in these matters.

Seriously though: why would they? It isn't that much of a problem (just find the next programme in the series in the EPG, and set that), maybe the underpinnings of the software make it difficult to do (it would be an exception case if the design principle is to prevent potentially impossible operations being available for a current programme), and the effort (cost) of providing it is not going to win any more revenue.

Having an independent users' forum isn't about pointlessly complaining into a void, it's about collaborating on getting the best out of what you've got. We've told you what the work-around is. If the unit performs according to its specification (ie what all the information available says it will do that was available to you prior to sale), you have NO COMEBACK - no matter how annoyed you might personally be about any particular aspect that does not suit you (in my opinion, you appear so cross about every little inconvenience that life in general must be driving you towards a heart attack).

My point is: if you don't like what your unit does, find another which performs to your liking. I guarantee that you won't... or at least if you can it will be a lot more expensive (eg a mini-PC with a DVB-T2 tuner and software you can tweak to your heart's content).

I had been pretty much ignoring your diatribe, but this time I contributed a suggestion to get you over your problem. I don't think I'll bother again. The below goes for me, too (or maybe the irony is too subtle):

"Give me the courage to change what can be changed, the serenity to accept what can't, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Back