1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube not working?

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Buzby, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Buzby

Buzby New Member

Hi all,
    So I finally got round to installing 1.02.20 firmware and I went to look at the YouTube feature. However, doesn't seem to matter which video I pick none of them play. I get the list of related videos, I get the "twirly" indicating it's about to start, I can select full-screen (except nothing happens), info or related videos, but I can't get the video to start.
    Anyone else getting this problem?
    Cheers

2. rogdog

rogdog Member

Ditto for me.

Youtube made some changes to their website on Tues/Weds that broke some 3rd party applications. Looks like it has also broke the Humax app. Guess we will have to wait for Humax update the Portal.

3. ColinS

ColinS Member

Thanks for that info. My search somehow wasn't good enough to find this thread before starting another. :confused: I'll close that one down.
    Has anyone reported this to Humax support yet?

4. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

Barry over on myhumax.org says that Humax are aware of the problem but the earliest it will be fixed is Monday.

5. ColinS

ColinS Member

It appears to be working again as of yesterday.

6. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it has been working again since Monday.

7. Max Catterwell

Max Catterwell New Member

I'd like to bring this thread back to life; I'm getting exactly the same problem! Probably 98 per cent of stuff I try to play just won't get started!!!
    I either get a filetype unrecognised or the temporary problem errors. I'm using the latest custom firmware.
    Any help appreciated
    Max
    p.s. iPlayer works fine.

8. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

9. Max Catterwell

10. af123

You can install the previous version of the custom firmware (2.00) on top of 1.02.20. Most of the changes in 2.10 were to support the newer Humax firmware.

11. Max Catterwell

Thanks. Does v2 have the hd conversion and web facility please?
    Cheers
    Max

12. af123

Yes, both 2.00 and 2.10 use the same packages and it's the packages that add things like the web interface.

13. Max Catterwell

Very many thanks; precise and clear!
    Cheers
    Max

14. Max Catterwell

Just an update to say that doing as suggested above has solved the problem. Once again many thanks!
    Max