[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Webif Vers 0.7.8-1. and rs 0.3-2

Browse Media goes direct to my recordings list now. :)

Informative notice on /disk.html.

Informative notice on /disk.html.

Unless you intervene, I think you'll have to wait until tomorrow before it tries another disk information push. If you let me know the MAC address of your box (or at least the last two parts) I can force one from the portal.

Thanks for the offer. I would prefer to see if would do it itself, that is if you have no other reason for wanting to do it.
I am in no hurry to see it working other than to see if it works. Rome wasn't built in a day.

One or two things I have noticed whilst playing around.

The Top 10 list no longer shows percentages.

Expanding the Top 10 list to Top 30 pushes everything else on the screen down with no means of collapsing it.

Also the 'back to top' button which appeared on the right of the screen and worked switches to the left side and doesn't.
It scrolls off the screen as it does in the Webif EPG. This may a peculiarity of the iPad/Safari browser again.

I am following this thread in the HDRFox section, but I have an HDFox.
Is there a need for an HDR/HD section for topics that apply to both boxes as this one does.
Some people may be missing out!

I have flagged the existence of the MSP on the HDR section as being relevant to HD- owners several times on the HD- section here and the HD-FOX T2 thread on AVForums... you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I am following this thread in the HDRFox section, but I have an HDFox.
Is there a need for an HDR/HD section for topics that apply to both boxes as this one does.
Some people may be missing out!
It was suggested some time ago that there should be a separate forum for the modified firmware, see This Thread, it may be worth posting a comment there.

Thanks for the pointer. It was before my time and I have not delved to deeply into the archives.
The question was posed then and had very little response, but things have moved on. Perhaps others might like to comment there.

af123, i think there maybe an extra slash in the delete method.

From the RS log:
Code:
Removed file '//World's Most Dangerous Roads_20110910_2302.ts'
But the file still shows up.

Whereas:
Code:
Removed file '/Question Time/Question Time_20111027_2237.ts'
Has deleted ok

The new version of the rs package handles this properly now. If the on-box EPG data isn't up to date, it defers the scheduling attempt until later.
This is old news now, I know, but I just wanted to mention that I got an email yesterday saying that the Auto Scheduler had picked up Frozen Planet this time and attemped to schedule it, so it is definitely fixed now...

Cheers,
Simon

I've just upgraded to rs 0.3.2, and have noticed the changes to the Disk information feature.

When I select the "Pie Chart", it brings up a list of my recordings, however this list is not up to date. It is showing recordings that were deleted yesterday, and none of yesterdays new recordings are listed.

Is this feature supposed to be working properly yet?

I've just upgraded to rs 0.3.2, and have noticed the changes to the Disk information feature.

When I select the "Pie Chart", it brings up a list of my recordings, however this list is not up to date. It is showing recordings that were deleted yesterday, and none of yesterdays new recordings are listed.

Is this feature supposed to be working properly yet?

Yes, but the file list is pushed up from your Humax once per day (and then only if it has changed). It's also pushed if a delete request is processed from the portal. I was thinking of adding a 'force sync' option to the portal but haven't yet.

Yes, but the file list is pushed up from your Humax once per day (and then only if it has changed). It's also pushed if a delete request is processed from the portal. I was thinking of adding a 'force sync' option to the portal but haven't yet.
Thanks for the explanation, I suppose I am used to the details being up to date via the web interface, I just assumed that this would be the same. It would be good if it was updated when the "Pie Chart" was selected, but failing that, a "force sync" option would be fine.

Thanks for the explanation, I suppose I am used to the details being up to date via the web interface, I just assumed that this would be the same. It would be good if it was updated when the "Pie Chart" was selected, but failing that, a "force sync" option would be fine.
It's really designed for using when your Humax is turned off in which case the force sync isn't going to do anything but it will at least trigger a sync next time your box boots up.

Edit: I've added the last time the directory information was updated at the top of the listing. Until the next update from your box they will all say 11:34 today.

It's really designed for using when your Humax is turned off in which case the force sync isn't going to do anything but it will at least trigger a sync next time your box boots up.
OK thanks, I suppose that I will have to carry on using the web interface for this functionality.

Unless you intervene, I think you'll have to wait until tomorrow before it tries another disk information push. If you let me know the MAC address of your box (or at least the last two parts) I can force one from the portal.
My recordings are now showing when I touch the pie chart. :) Thanks again.

Just for your information. My pie chart sector is green.

Yes, the code was putting an extra slash in for a small time but hopefully that's fixed now. If it occurs again can you let me know?
I have tried several times to delete files using the RS site and although it seems to work nothing gets deleted. I am seeing the double slash in Recent Activities. (HDFOX-T2)

I have tried several times to delete files using the RS site and although it seems to work nothing gets deleted. I am seeing the double slash in Recent Activities. (HDFOX-T2)
Thanks - should be fixed now. It was a problem when deleting things which were in the root folder. All my testing had been with recordings in sub-folders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back