[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgraded to rs 4.2 and now working ok through proxy- ran rspushx twice and could see no errors with pending information updated after 1st run. Thanks great piece of work!

This has probably been covered but I've not found it: what rationale is used to decide when the box checks in with the cloud to synchronise the recording schedule? Is there a way to force it to happen?

This has probably been covered but I've not found it: what rationale is used to decide when the box checks in with the cloud to synchronise the recording schedule? Is there a way to force it to happen?
It's in the Wiki. Every 10 - 12 mins or so, or next reboot if in standby.

Edit: 5 changed to 10 - 12 to reflect new Wiki entry.

It checks for pending commands every 10-12 minutes (it's randomised to spread the load on the server). It was originally on a fixed 5 minute interval but all the boxes tried at the same time. The disk contents is only pushed once a day, four minutes after the first boot of that day.

You can force a sync from the command line with
Code:
/mod/sbin/rs_process now
or push the schedule at any time with
Code:
rs push

I can see we'll have to set up a Wiki reading list for B.H., Something like Wiki Newcomers Start HERE :)
LOL. I'm still on old tech - sometimes I remember to consult the new-fangled Wiki, sometimes I don't. Hell, I'm busy enough remembering what's already in the Forum!

I used rs push and rs_process now to rapidly set up a schedule for AR experiment (having poked the programmes into the schedule from the EPG, I then needed to push the update to the RS site, mark it for AR, sync it back, reboot the Hummy, then push the schedule again to make sure it had been actioned).

Unfortunately I lost the screen dump when the telnet session closed during the reboot, but my first rs_process now command crashed with a run-time error report. I checked things over and decided to try again, which worked.

Am I correct in thinking I could have entered these commands in the WebIF diagnostic input and not bothered with Telnet?

I'm not sure if this has come up before but is there anything in the RS auto scheduler to prevent getting recordings set for the +1 version of a program? I've got mine set to record anything with Jackie Chan in it but this time I got two recordings - one on Ch5 and another for the same film on +1. Easy enough to RS in and cancel the duplicate but is there a way to recognise the +1's and not schedule them?

The system should cope with that as long as the EPG data is correct. In this case, it's a bit strange because the first part of the CRID (the authority) for each showing differs but the last part is the same, i.e.

Channel 5 CRID WWW.FIVE.TV/V4Z01
5+1 CRID WWW.CHANNEL5.COM/V4Z01

so the RS portal sees them as different films. It would be possible to add more and more layers of logic but the EPG data should be good enough. I'll have a look to see if there is anything easy that I can add for this channel 5 specific problem.

How about an exclusion term in the EPG search form? Then we could exclude any particular services from the search we might wish, and the +1 services are an obvious candidate with a potential wider application.

this channel 5 specific problem.

Ha! It's no surprise that C5 has something else odd going in with its EPG data!! :rolleyes: No need to worry too much it was only 'Shanghai Noon' anyway - not Jackie's finest work but hey the Auto Scheduler is certainly doing it's job - better to have them and not want them than want them but not have them!

Is the Remote Scheduling portal ok? I'm not seeing any EPG on it beyond this coming Friday, 3rd Feb.

Fixed! - you should see your events being scheduled/alerted in the next few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back