[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My box hasn't updated disk contents to the rs site since 4:33 9/12/11. The contents have been changed since then.

I have forgotten my Remote Scheduling password. Noted it down somewhere, but I've forgotten that too!
God, I hate getting old. Is their a way to reset my account?

Cheers from... er, oh yea, Mark :oops:

Join the club. ;)
I suppose you could just re-register. Or do as I do, go through all the passwords I have used in the past until I find one that works!
In the end I expect af123 will sort it for you if you wait.

I use (and recommend) Steganos LockNote (click) - it's free, it's a simple stand-alone executable that runs on all versions of Windows, and all it does is make an encrypted notepad where the notepad data is stored inside the .exe. The only way to open your notepad is to enter the master key string - so remember that and store everything else inside!

I have forgotten my Remote Scheduling password. Noted it down somewhere, but I've forgotten that too!
God, I hate getting old. Is their a way to reset my account?

Cheers from... er, oh yea, Mark :oops:

It isn't just you, I knew there was something I meant to add to the login screen! I'll finish the password reset option later today.

Thanks everyone, I use 1Password on my Mac, does much the same as LockNote I should think, but you've still got to remember to enter the data. Guess I was so keen to get past the login and start playing with remote scheduling, I skipped that part.

Cheers from .... err, oh bugger, where did I put that bit of paper?

The password reset option is on the login screen now. Took longer than I expected!

False hit?
...by which I mean a keyword I defined for reporting turned up in a context I am not interested in. None-the-less it is reassuring to have received an email from a keyword hit, even if it was a false positive.

...by which I mean a keyword I defined for reporting turned up in a context I am not interested in. None-the-less it is reassuring to have received an email from a keyword hit, even if it was a false positive.

If it met the search criteria it's not false

Picky! In clinical circles, a test result that indicates the presence of a disease when the disease is not actually present is a "false positive". The test was valid, and the result of the test was valid. So yes, my EPG screening produced a hit that was a positive, which was then investigated further (mk1 eyeball) and found to be a false positive.

If a screening test yields no positives at all, one becomes concerned about the potential for a large proportion of false negatives.

Picky! In clinical circles, a test result that indicates the presence of a disease when the disease is not actually present is a "false positive". The test was valid, and the result of the test was valid. So yes, my EPG screening produced a hit that was a positive, which was then investigated further (mk1 eyeball) and found to be a false positive.

If a screening test yields no positives at all, one becomes concerned about the potential for a large proportion of false negatives.

It's all down to the search criteria, If your keyword is 'Ant' because you are looking for 'Ant Life' you will also get 'Ant and Dec' neither of the results are false, Ant is present in both cases

I didn't say the results are false! The result of the test is true, but it's still a false positive because it is later rejected by further analysis. Just the same as a Google search brings up a load of results for your search, and then you have to sift through them to find the ones you were actually looking for.

False positives are not a problem (as long as they don't lead to blind reaction) providing there are not so many of them the true positives get swamped and ignored. False negatives are the problem! Check out management of false positives and false negatives in medical screening.

I'll take a look for you.. Could you send me the last bit of you MAC address please? It's shown at the top of the RS screen.
Don't know where the quotation mark came from. It does not show in the Media list on the TV but it does in the Webif/Browse Media Files list.
I had been tidying up the titles by removing the underscores placed there by de-duplicate.
I will see what happens on tomorrow's 4:30 wake up. As I said in my email, I will leave the mark in place.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back