[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind either way although it does seem that checking for the folder being empty first would be a good safety net. I'm going to make rs dustbin aware too though so that gives some extra safety if undelete is installed. The new undelete logic will then automatically become more aggressive in emptying the bin if disk space is short.

Glad to see the EPG is updating again.
Now I have a couple of other problems (not new, had them since I started using the remote scheduler).
What is "remember me" supposed to do at the login. I presumed that it would keep me logged in, but every day when I return, I am prompted to login (something remembers my username, but that may be the website or the browser).
Secondly, the EPG always comes up as now/next, despite the fact that it is set to grid on the settings page.
Would appreciate any feedback.

By the way, I agree with an earlier comment about having the the EPG just show favourite channels so that it matches my recorder settings.

What is "remember me" supposed to do at the login. I presumed that it would keep me logged in, but every day when I return, I am prompted to login (something remembers my username, but that may be the website or the browser).

It makes your browser remember your username - you should be able to make your browser save the password if you want quicker login. The session should remain open until you close the browser though.

Secondly, the EPG always comes up as now/next, despite the fact that it is set to grid on the settings page.

I'll look at that.

By the way, I agree with an earlier comment about having the the EPG just show favourite channels so that it matches my recorder settings.

RS already knows about your favourites, I just need to make it use them. That will be coming soon.

I have a feeling this may have been asked before, not sure. Would it be possible to filter the RS EPG with a favourites list uploaded from the HDR so that it matches the Web-If EPG display format? e.g. Settings >> Channel Group for EPG
Missed this one earlier. Yes, RS already has the required info to add this.

I deleted two recordings on the RS site this morning, one from a folder the other not, and both have missed the Dustbin.
The empty folder remains with no Opt+ option. (can be removed in Webif/Media)

I appreciate that 'Delete empty folder' will be added in a future update. My point was I have lost the safety net. I have plenty of disk space left and my Dustbin is set to empty after 1 day.

You mean it worked before? According to the previous posts, deletion via RS has not been using the recycle bin.

Request for a new useful function, if I say so myself,
Currently the rs checks for conflicts and emails if any found
Could it be possible to check for recordings 'failed to track' and email if any found. This would give us the chance to use catchup whilst they still exist on the various webplayers. Really annoying when you watch sthing from 2 months ago to find that it failed to record.

Correct. RS deletes are currently just done directly.
I think it would be useful to remind ourselves that the rs delete was designed to be used by people away from their machine when their disk gets too full. If you delete sthing you surely don't mean to still keep it on the disk in the deleted folder, or do you?

Just make sure that the one you delete is the one you wanted to delete. No second thoughts.

A few queries about the operation of the RS...
- if a programme is selected for record, it is shown blue in the EPG, but why are all of its alternatives (its HD, non-HD, +1 etc) shown the same? Surely they should be not highlighted or at least highlighted differently?
- when a programme is clicked on the EPG, its popup allows recording to be set, but not cancelled.
- on occasions, the pop-up for a programme offers the recording options and no record indicator even when it is in the schedule.
- a programme's popup also shows its alternatives (HD, non-HD, +1 etc). These alternatives can be clicked to show their own popups, but then none of the recording buttons are available. It seems that a programme's popup should offer the same options irrespective of the route used to get to it.

Request for a new useful function, if I say so myself,
Currently the rs checks for conflicts and emails if any found
Could it be possible to check for recordings 'failed to track' and email if any found. This would give us the chance to use catchup whilst they still exist on the various webplayers. Really annoying when you watch sthing from 2 months ago to find that it failed to record.
Good idea - will do something for this.

I have a feeling this may have been asked before, not sure. Would it be possible to filter the RS EPG with a favourites list uploaded from the HDR so that it matches the Web-If EPG display format? e.g. Settings >> Channel Group for EPG

I've added this to RS now. The information was already being uploaded I just hadn't finished the server side of it. It's only the EPG displays that are filtered - EPG searches will still check all of the channels that are present on your device.
It's configured on a per-device basis from the Settings page in RS.

I have changed the RS Settings >> EPG Favourites Group to a favourite, in my case 'My TV' and have 'Saved' it, but I am still getting all channels in numerical order instead of the expected 1, 101, 102 2, 7, 9, 3, 103 etc. I have tried logging out of RS and logging back in with no change. I have also tried sending chanpush and diskpush but neither of these seems to send favourite info. to the RS Server and it doesn't apply the filter to the RS EPG either

I have changed the RS Settings >> EPG Favourites Group to a favourite, in my case 'My TV' and have 'Saved' it, but I am still getting all channels in numerical order instead of the expected 1, 101, 102 2, 7, 9, 3, 103 etc.
The channel number ordering should be fixed now. Assuming I'm looking at the right box (MY-TV as the favourites group?) the list is fairly short too which implies that it is being filtered.

Yes, I am using 'MY-TV', That's got it, thanks - EPG filtering now working on 'Grid' and 'Now/Next' screens
BTW
I have added an updated RS Settings image HERE

Like the favourite channels groupings ;)

OK, I mentioned it last time, but now I have an actual example which might help pin it down...
I have a series schedule for Lewis, Monday nights on ITD HD.
If I go to the EPG for next Monday's episode, it is highlighted blue as expected (as is its non-HD equivalent) .
However, if I bring up the popup for the HD, it does not show it as selected for recording and the recording buttons are present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back