[webif] Web interface

4291 :- Edit: Does the Wiki need amending?
I specified SD, only because it failed the Hi-Def test I did, It was only one test so not exactly exhaustive. I can change the WiKi if needed, The problem is the different video / Audio formats that may be contained within the Hi-Def file

I think more tests are required before you give it the all clear for Hi-Def recordings. There may be a file size limit as brian has said.

I did a forum search to see if there was anything useful, but it mostly came up with references to Extract Audio.

2.8GB is pretty small for an hour's HiDef.
The thought had crossed my mind and was going to play the original recording to see if that is complete. It was a trial to see if various things were running correctly after my recent reinstall. Auto-unprotect, HDRmode, decrypt etc.

Thanks, installing ffmpeg and now I have the menu option :)

BUT.. I get this error :

Processing Being Human_20120205_2101
Runtime Error: execute.jim:24:
at file "execute.jim", line 24

Is this because it's a hd file.. of so how do I decrypt a HD video and save that ?
Thanks

2.8GB is pretty small for an hour's HiDef.
I have had a look at the Media Details of my "HD" recording. It is marked up as being recorded from ITVHD but is in fact Upscaled-HD.
I am playing the MPG recording again but fast forward controls do not work, so am having to watch all the way through to see if it stops at the same place as the original. It was part 1 of 2.

Is this because it's a hd file.. if so how do I decrypt a HD video and save that?
Does the WebIF media browser not show the file as "Dec"?

In order to decrypt a HiDef recording (using the WebIF OPT+ decrypt option) you have to have auto-unprotect running in the background, and when that has cleared the "Enc" flag (sadly, last time I looked, not the same thing as selecting the OPT+ "clear enc" option) you will then be able to decrypt it.

I specified SD, only because it failed the Hi-Def test I did, It was only one test so not exactly exhaustive. I can change the WiKi if needed, The problem is the different video / Audio formats that may be contained within the Hi-Def file
I recorded "Warhorse - The Real Story - 2012" in HD yesterday. Decrypted in HDR Mode then Extracted to MPG, also in HDR Mode.

The progress bar went to 100% in about five minutes. When I checked in Browse Media Files the file size was just over 1GiB. It took some time more, probably 15 mins, I did not time it, before the file size reached 3.10 GiBs, which is slightly smaller than the original (3.46).

It is playing back now with no apparent loss of quality when watching via a HDMI connection.

I think it is tuned for MP3 extraction since that's where the code was copied from...

Is there a way to improve the progress bar (and in all similar cases)? It's misleading to be presented with "100%" unless it really is complete. I appreciate it may not be possible to measure the progress precisely, but there is probably a way to check whether the process really has finished before announcing it?

With that in mind, is there any point in presenting a percentage bar when there is no true idea how long it will take? A "megabytes so far" meter would be more informative, and I think it is possible to estimate the expected output size from the nature of the input and the process being undertaken (which could be a red line on the meter, but not the finishing tape).

I think it is tuned for MP3 extraction since that's where the code was copied from...
I have just performed another Extract to MPG on a 29 min HD recording. 100% after 2 mins, return to Media message after a further 3 mins. Total time taken 290.748 (approx 5mins).

The box showing the progress bar is titled "Audio Extraction" although inside the box it says "Extracting MPG"

Hi Guys

I have just noticed on my Scheduled Events page of the webif, that I have a "DSO Event" Scheduled for midnight on 4th April 2012, I know this is the date that London starts to go digital. My question is, does this mean that my box will automatically re-tune?

I assumed I would have to do a factory reset to re-tune my boxes as I did before with my Panny DVD when I lived in the South West and we went digital a few years ago, does the Hummy do this for me?

I need to remember to download my schedule the day before, so I don't loose it, and do another one before the 18th April as well!

I would try deleting it, but I assume the box will re-insert the event again!

If I hadn't had the custom firmware, i wouldn't know about this event as it doesn't appear on the box!

My question is, does this mean that my box will automatically re-tune?

No, it will just put up on-screen messages to tell you to retune. You will have to re-tune yourself which will delete your scheduled recordings.

I need to remember to download my schedule the day before, so I don't loose it, and do another one before the 18th April as well!

The web interface package automatically backs up your schedule once per day so you can easily restore it following a retune.

No, it will just put up on-screen messages to tell you to retune. You will have to re-tune yourself which will delete your scheduled recordings.
Thanks AF, I knew you would know!

The web interface package automatically backs up your schedule once per day so you can easily restore it following a retune.

Thanks, that is great news, the things you learn every day!:)

I was converting to mpg via the WebIF OPT+ last night, and I noticed the progress screen had "AUDIO extraction" (or something like that) at the top of the box.

The poor correspondence between the progress bar and actual progress continues to irritate.

Back