1.02.07 issues

It makes perfect sense to me that If I select delete on a recording in the media list I want to delete it. What I don't want to do is to go into the media list only to find out I can't delete a recording because it is still playing, then have to exit out of the media list, press stop and then go back into the media list and eventually delete the recording. Frustrating !
It makes perfect sense to me, and is so much easier to press stop, this takes you straight to the media list where you can delete it. This requires much less button pressing than you describe, and does not cause any frustration whatsoever.
Previous to the Humax I had a Topfield 5800 running MyStuff and I never pressed Stop before deleting recordings. There was no need for this additional key press so I never pressed it. I now have to re-train my brain to always stop the playback of the recording before attempting to delete and in the meantime I will have to suffer with the frustration of Humax not deleting recordings when I ask it to.

Maybe it should pop up a message saying

'If you are trying to delete this recording, please exit out of the media list, press stop and then try again. I could stop the recoding for you but I can't be bothered'
I am also running a pair of MyStuffed Toppy 5800's, and am aware that they allow you to delete recordings whilst they are still playing. I'm sure that you will cope with re-training your brain, it's no big deal.

Its not the chipset thats at fault, i think its a linux thing that can easily be overcome with a bit of programming knowledge, like background deleting.

Ah! Maybe the issue has arisen because of this? Perhaps now the s/w checks that the file is not locked as, in theory at least, if you select a lot of programmes to delete - which takes a while - then by the time the s/w gets around to actually deleting a file someone has started watching it.

I do agree however that, at the very least, it should pop-up a warning that it can't delete the file, and why.

perhaps there should be some kind of training for the humax, maybe even a test, and if you fail you can never own a humax, cause you would be classed as being to stupid.

that would stop the lock up problem, or put age limits on the box ( ONLY SUITABLE FOR THE AGES BETWEEN 15-60)

the misses didn't stop a file last night, maybe ban women from using the box who wont follow the correct procedure.

maybe only allow people, who visit forums, to own a humax:D

perhaps there should be some kind of training for the humax, maybe even a test, and if you fail you can never own a humax, cause you would be classed as being to stupid.

that would stop the lock up problem, or put age limits on the box ( ONLY SUITABLE FOR THE AGES BETWEEN 15-60)

the misses didn't stop a file last night, maybe ban women from using the box who wont follow the correct procedure.

maybe only allow people, who visit forums, to own a humax:D
ALL very good ideas! :D:D:D

Back