1.02.28 (CF 2.11)

Hi Hairy Mutley

I had the same issue as you, as I didn't run the prepare for upgrade!

To get redring and undelete to work, go to WebIF, Diag, and type in redring into the Package box, then click "Force re-install". Do the same with undelete, but make sure they are lower case, not like me who put uppercase first letter!

Then re-boot, and all should work, I know that af123 has mentioned on here, somewhere what Prepare for upgrade does, but I can't quite remember all of it, and I wouldn't want to give false info, so no doubt he will be along to explain more!

Blasted auto-update from 1.02.27 to 1.02.28 broke my autoscheduling and the webif. When I rebooted my box I was forced to format the internall HDD. I've now applied the CF for 1.02.28 (thanks :)), but I have to start all over again from fresh with the CF and webif settings. Bugger.

So how can I tell that the NTP client has in fact set the time correctly?

You can't in your configuration apart from inferring it from the lack of 5 error messages in the modinit.log. The ntpclient package is really for people who don't have an aerial connected to their box, for the rest of us the Humax software will sync the time with the broadcast signal, at least occasionally (there are some reports of it drifting over time, particularly when it's stored in the Micom during standby). If you want to talk about updating the NTP package to be more verbose then can we move that to a different thread?

Can't the custom firmware create the log with each item on a line of its own rather than a great slab of text?
It does, at least in my browser.

What does prepare_for_upgrade do?

Some packages need to store files in flash rather than on the disk so that they are available before the Humax software starts. Some Humax upgrades overwrite those flash locations (1.02.27 & 1.02.28 overwrite the flash area that contains Sky Player for example).
prepare_for_upgrade stores copies of the custom files in another flash location so that they can be automatically restored later.

There isn't much to it, see http://hummypkg.org.uk/diag/prepare_for_upgrade

@Scuttlebroom
Thanks, that did the trick, both are now working.
redring worked OK, undelete reported an error. Rebooted and tried undelete again and it was fine.

@af123
Thanks for the explanation.

I wrote:

Can't the custom firmware create the log with each item on a line of its own rather than a great slab of text?​
It does, at least in my browser.

I'm using IE8, browser to the unwashed masses. It really ought to be set up to work with such a common browser.

Before you ask why I'm using IE8, that's because the SqueezeBox Server admin pages don't work well with pretty much any other browser (including IE9). And I don't want two or more browsers installed.

So you want af123 to rewrite it just for you?

No. I'd like it written to work sensibly on one of the most commonly used browsers on the planet while hopefully being compatible with as wide a range of other browsers as possible.

I'm getting the impression that this only works well with one particular browser, though I've seen no hints yet as to which one that is (presumably whatever af123 happens to use).

I primarily use FireFox (currently v13.01) but have used IE9 and Chrome for a short while without any problems. Then again, I don't have a SqueezeBox.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

If you don't want to run IE9, that's up to you. But you can't really expect the af123 to re-write his program when you choose not to use IE9.

After discovering that WebIf stopped working, I noticed the box had been updated to the latest firmware.

I've installed the CF update, but when I try and acces the box using the IP address, it just keeps asking for username and password.

I have rebooted twice, and even removed power, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

If you don't want to run IE9, that's up to you. But you can't really expect the af123 to re-write his program when you choose not to use IE9.

I still use IE8 because IE9 doesn't play nicely with the sites I use regularly.

I don't see why it would be so hard to make line breaks work in IE8 as well as IE9, but it's hardly a deal breaker.

I don't see why it would be so hard to make line breaks work in IE8 as well as IE9.
I wasn't aware that they didn't. I test in the latest versions of Firefox, IE, Safari and Mobile Safari and rely on other users to report problems elsewhere! This is obviously a slightly different prospect to a commercial undertaking.

Back