1.02.28 (CF 2.11)

I wasn't aware that they didn't. I test in the latest versions of Firefox, IE, Safari and Mobile Safari and rely on other users to report problems elsewhere! This is obviously a slightly different prospect to a commercial undertaking.

Yes, it works better than many commercial undertakings and is probably more thoroughly tested. And I'm not joking here, I write software for a living.

I just discovered that all three of my boxes have been upgraded to 1.02.28 despite having CF 2.10 installed along with disable-ota. Weird... but CF2.11 now resident on two out of the three. The third will be done once Management has finished viewing one of her (many) soaps.

There is a risk that disable-ota could fail to stop an OTA under specific circumstances.

As with all CF manipulations of the event schedule (OTA is just another event), they have to be queued and then applied during boot. Meanwhile, the standard Humax firmware is repeatedly trying to reinstate the OTA event if it detects it's missing. If the event gets reinstated but the box is not rebooted before 4.30am (even the OTA boot would be enough), it will get through.

Were your boxes left on for a long time by any chance, so they went into OTA search from an on state?

I am still experimenting, but I reckon an 0420-0440 reminder will be a better defeat.

There is a risk that disable-ota could fail to stop an OTA under specific circumstances.

As with all CF manipulations of the event schedule (OTA is just another event), they have to be queued and then applied during boot. Meanwhile, the standard Humax firmware is repeatedly trying to reinstate the OTA event if it detects it's missing. If the event gets reinstated but the box is not rebooted before 4.30am (even the OTA boot would be enough), it will get through.

Were your boxes left on for a long time by any chance, so they went into OTA search from an on state?

I am still experimenting, but I reckon an 0420-0440 reminder will be a better defeat.
Yes, two had been left on for a long time, though the third is regularly turned on and off several times each day.

I've noticed that the thumbnails for each recording are quite often a long time (several days in some instances) in being created. Is this something that might be related?

I've noticed that the thumbnails for each recording are quite often a long time (several days in some instances) in being created. Is this something that might be related?

They're only updated following a boot, so yes.

Back