1.02.28 - Reasons to be Cheerful???

Works for me. However when pressing red for the first time, a message popped up saying that I might need to retune to continue receiving bbci during the Olympics..

Try pressing text instead as another way to access it.

Weirdly it works as of this morning . I switched to BBC news, and the red button icon appeared in the top corner. I pressed it and a dialogue box popped up, then cleared itself faster than I could read it, and it launched fine. Lo and behold, go to BBC1, and all is well. :confused:

I guess my box was a little constipated!

Anybody else report loss of red button from BBC StDef with 1.02.28?

I had it disappear on 1.02.20 after the digital switch over. Even looking at the channel 105 shows nothing in the EPG. Most frustrating as it would be nice to use the red button for the rest of the discussion after an f1 race.

I don't follow.. You mean there is no picture? EPG info is irrelevant.
If you mean it just remains blank, you probably need to rescan as it may have moved depending on transmitter work or at what stage of DSO you are at in your area.

It could also be that you've got a dodgy signal for the group of channels that 301 falls under. You'll be able to tell by tuning to another channel in the same group and seeing if the signal drops out. As its 301, I think it falls in the main BBC A mux which will include bbc 1 & 2.

I don't follow.. You mean there is no picture? EPG info is irrelevant.
If you mean it just remains blank, you probably need to rescan as it may have moved depending on transmitter work or at what stage of DSO you are at in your area.

It could also be that you've got a dodgy signal for the group of channels that 301 falls under. You'll be able to tell by tuning to another channel in the same group and seeing if the signal drops out. As its 301, I think it falls in the main BBC A mux which will include bbc 1 & 2.

I tried going to channel 301 for BBC Red Button after the F1, and it certainly plays, but i get no info in the EPG - I used to get info in the EPG before the DSO, which meant I could set it to record, but with no EPG one can't record it to play later.

However I can only get the channel by going to the channel number, pressing the red button on the control doesn't do anything, and I suspect this is because there is no info in the EPG, so the box thinks there is no program to go to.

Have you sorted it out since? Manual retune preferred.

Haven't done a manual retune as such, but at the end of the auto scan, (which I manually started) it asked which trnasmitter I wanted to use, and I selected the local one - I know the aerial can see two transmitters, and I selected the nearer one. I don't see a need to manually select the channels after doing that.

If the aerial can receive from two transmitters, even though you selected which one you prefer the auto-scan will have deposited the others into the 800s. It can also create some anomalies: if it didn't happen to pick up one of the services when it scanned the preferred transmitter it will have put the service from the non-preferred transmitter in its place.

You also don't know for sure where the Humax is getting its EPG data from. It could be using data from a non-preferred mux, and we believe this leads to problems with AR (and possibly padding) recordings.

Use the instructions HERE (click) to perform a manual tune.

Back