May contain traces of nut
The verdict on 1.02.27:
If we ignore the matter of the on-screen spam whenever one presses a mode button on the handset (like Marmite, a matter of taste and easily cured in my case by swapping to the older version of the RC), what are people now seeing with 1.02.28? Is the AD fixed? Is YouTube back? Does it wait for permission to retune???
- 4GB DLNA client bug cured
- HD-FOX seems to have less trouble with failed warm starts (used to get upset if I cycled through standby in less than 10 minutes, but the improvement might be due to CF2.10). Update: not had a single one since, even in circumstances which would definitely have produced a failed boot previously.
- Some people reporting HDMI handshaking improvements
- Reported to handle Favourites better - doesn't switch away from them so easily (contribution from Brianmt)
- Retunes without user confirmation (kills recording schedule, auto-scan rather than manual tune) - we have a fix for this in the Custom Software.
- Silly screen prompts for handset mode buttons and inappropriate button presses (if you have the right issue of handset) - matter of opinion
- Audio Description made unusable (contribution from Luke)
- Some people reporting HDMI handshaking worse
- YouTube clips fail to play in the TV Portal - not absolutely confirmed whether this is a 1.02.27 issue but it looks increasingly likely
- YouTube (TV Portal) repaired (following breakage in 1.02.27).
- Sky Player (custom TV portal) working, live and on-demand (only live was available before, then it broke at the server end).
- Retunes without user confirmation (kills recording schedule, auto-scan rather than manual tune) - we have a fix for this in the Custom Software, disable-dso package.
- Internet Radio (TV Portal) broken (now removed at the Humax end, unavailable for any firmware version).
- Audio Description no different from 1.02.27. According to Luke it was last usable in 1.02.20 on StDef only.