A Personal Tale of Medical Ethics Etc

Yes, bloody useless program Thunderbird. (That's an email program, not the TV programme Thunderbirds)

Calling International Rescue... calling International Rescue.
And people then thought "some guy talking into his watch" was madness.

And people then thought "some guy talking into his watch" was madness.
I used to think the Star Trek tricorder downloading data from another device was fanciful - but now we have Bluetooth - which didn't work when I tried to send a pdf copy of a discharge letter from my phone to a paramedics phone. (I blame my crappy not-smart mobile).

Did the paramedic have an iPhone?
It is possible. I wasn't really scrutinising his equipment. ( :D ).
My crappy phone found his phone but wanted a password which he hadn't set. So he gave up. Meanwhile I had to find the paper copy of the discharge letter which he took away and has now been lost with various other bits and bobs - probably by the hospital. I can't print my scanned version - no printer.

Send it by email.
Not from my phone. I'd have to power up the computer. Plug in the doggle. Connect to the ISP... You get the drift. (I keep a copy of the documents on my phone even though I can't read them as a backup)

Wow, what sort of phone is that? I may have an old new one spare! It is on Acorn Mobile, though.

Wow, what sort of phone is that? I may have an old new one spare! It is on Acorn Mobile, though.
The last time I heard my type of phone described it was as a disposable phone the drug dealers use!
It's a bog-standard old fashioned mobile phone. It will play videos and music. But it doesn't have a touch screen and sending text messages (or writing myself notes) is a right PITA. I never really wanted/needed a mobile until about March 2018 when the old dear went into hospital after a minor heart attack. I kept being asked for a mobile number. So I bought this cheap tat on the day she was discharged (I wasn't told she was being discharged) and have hardly used it since - until now. Now they don't want my mobile number and keep ringing the ruddy landline - usually when I'm on the bog!

No. I took it up with J's MP, who got told the same tale by the liaison people at the hospital, and the council have not responded to enquiries so far. A letter addressed to J c/o the hospital has been returned unopened, which I take as evidence she's not there any more.

The liaison people have let slip she was judged to have capacity, so the more I think about it the more it seems to me she's being held against her will (or being denied the knowledge to exert her will). It's the OPG next (once I have composed my case).

Even if it gets nowhere, at least the OPG route will make it uncomfortable for them.

I can provide evidence that J was attached to me, and cast doubt on the actions of the brother as being in accordance with what would be her wishes. Deprivation of liberty is a serious business. The point is that there is no evidence these actions were appropriate, or if there is I have not had any opportunity to challenge the evidence provided (which I can only think must be defamatory). That I have been cut off without a word of explanation is demonstrably callous.

BH, although we found the OPG a bunch of box tickers (at a price!), they were very good regarding giving advice. It's definitely worth a 'phone call first and then compose your case.

If I am allowed, based on this I shall put another tick into the box: Marriage is good.
And I mean marriage.

I can provide evidence that J was attached to me, and cast doubt on the actions of the brother as being in accordance with what would be her wishes. Deprivation of liberty is a serious business. The point is that there is no evidence these actions were appropriate, or if there is I have not had any opportunity to challenge the evidence provided (which I can only think must be defamatory). That I have been cut off without a word of explanation is demonstrably callous.

Whilst I inderstand your reasons can you not for a second see it from the brother's viewpoint ? All these more and more involved attempts may seem more and more creepy?

Back