a place for general chat

Patient Access is completely separate. It was Patient Access that sent the security update email, not your GP.

I have Patient Access registered for J, so I could order repeat prescriptions on-line (and received the same email). My GP doesn't use it, being in Wales we have our own system through the health board.

Patient Access is completely separate. It was Patient Access that sent the security update email, not your GP.

I have Patient Access registered for J, so I could order repeat prescriptions on-line (and received the same email). My GP doesn't use it, being in Wales we have our own system through the health board.
The email address used was the unique one I gave to my GP (mysurgery.mail@mydomain) but ISWYM. In that case the last email that definitely came from my GP to that address was two months ago today plus there are others in their mailbox. So they do have a unique email address for me and they do use it.

Last edited:
I have Patient Access registered for J, so I could order repeat prescriptions on-line (and received the same email).
You were lucky. Somewhere along the line I missed the opportunity to register something similar for my mother.
Our repeat prescriptions are organised through the pharmacy. Tick the boxes on the form given out with last prescription or even just tell them and they arrange with the GP for the prescription to be sent to them and they dispense it. Usually takes a couple of days. They also do a delivery service, so I only go to the pharmacy once. This service has been in place for a while and even if an extra prescription is needed after consultation with the GP it can be sent directly (ie. electronically) to the pharmacy, dispensed and delivered.

Back