advertising hummy.tv

It has been a while since I did a proper check on all my standard search tests ( full list HERE) so I thought I'd have a quick check through.

In summary our best search terms are:

Page 1 results on google global search:

"Humax Help" - number 2
"Foxsat Help" - number 5
"Humax Forum" - number 6
"HDR Fox T2 Help" - number 10

The Alexa rank has plummeted for some reason and InLinks in are slooowly creeping up. Looking at where I started I'm sorry to say there's not been that much change overall - although I'm pleased to say "Humax Help" started off at the bottom of Page 1 and now is only beaten to the top spot by humaxdirect.co.uk.

I'm still waiting to hear from dmoz about our listing there (it's not been 3 months yet and it can take longer) so hopefully when we are on there our link rating will go up. Maybe I need to go back to my earlier tactic of continually searching for us on google and clicking in from there rather than typing the url straight in?

@Michael - out of interest do the analytics stats tell us anything new?

Hello pop pickers fluff is back! I'm going to start the new year with a new list - I'll take the starting positions from the original post Here (Click) and track positions for 2012. As before, humming the pick of the pops theme tune is not compulsory but I believe does make a positive contribution to the reading experience!

Humax (UK World results)
22/01 - Page 4 #4 - up 21 places
17/02 - Page 6 #5 up 120 places!! Also same position on world results!)
10/01 - not on any of the 49 pages returned! What have we done to offend google ? Last placed result was just before the 2nd Nov outage - coincidence?
12/09 - Page 18 #5

Humax help (world results)
22/03 - Still Number 1
17/02 - Page 1 #1
10/01 - Page 1 #2
09/09 - Page 1 #10

Humax Forum (world results)
22/03 - Page 1 #6 (down another 1 :()
17/02 - Page 1 #5 (down 1)
10/01 - Page 1 #4
07/09 - Page 1 #6

HDR Fox T2 (world results)
22/03 - Page 2 #4 (up 2)
17/02 - Page 2 #6 (up 8)
10/01 - Page 3 #4
09/09 - Page 5 #3

HDR Fox t2 Help (world results)
22/03 - Page 1 #7 (down 1)
17/02 - Page 1 #6 (up 2)
10/01 - Page 1 - #8
07/09 - Page 2 #6

FoxSat HDR (world results)
22/03 - Page 3 #7 (down 4)
17/02 - Page 3 #3 (up 45)
30/11 - Page 7 #8
09/09 - Page 8 #3

FoxSat help (world results)
22/03 - Still number 1
17/02 - Page 1 #1 (up 1)
10/01 - Page 1 #2
09/09 - Page 1 #5

Alexa Page Rank for hummy.tv
22/03 - 1,305,008 (down 173,931)
17/02 - 1,131,077 (up 283,807)
10/01 - 1,414,884
23/09 - 1,426,549

Alexa Count of Sites Linking In (updated monthly)
22/03 - 36 (up 3)
17/02 - 33
10/01 - 26
04/10 - 16

Well pop pickers I'm back again. And some good improvements this time - full stats are Here

We are now at the top of the shop - number 1 postion on world results - for search terms 'Humax Help' and 'Foxsat Help'.

We've also (finally!) got back onto the main google results for 'Humax' and in fact we position the same now on UK and world results.

We get onto the first page of world results for 'Humax Forum' and 'HDR Fox T2 Help'

With the exception of 'Humax' our lowest search term still comes in on Page 3.

Our Alexa page rank has also improved now to 1,131,077 - for a site as relatively small as ours that's not a bad result.

Alright? Not 'arf !! :)

I think Michael has uploaded one already into google webmaster tools - but this looks like a great way to get an up to date one....

This is amazing!! Well done everyone!! Will look at the plugin but I get married next week so really busy at the moment.

Thanks,

Michael

We've also (finally!) got back onto the main google results for 'Humax' and in fact we position the same now on UK and world results.

I've been consciously using the term Humax in a lot of my posts in case it helps : )

Malformed link.

Thanks BH I fixed it now. Funny thing was when I clicked the post number to get the individual URL for the post I got a new window pop up which offered me the URL to copy and it had quotation marks in it - when I used to do this and copy the post URL out of the browser nav bar it doesn't have quotation marks. Never mind it's sorted now.

Thanks BH I fixed it now. Funny thing was when I clicked the post number to get the individual URL for the post I got a new window pop up which offered me the URL to copy and it had quotation marks in it - when I used to do this and copy the post URL out of the browser nav bar it doesn't have quotation marks. Never mind it's sorted now.
Having discovered how to create a link to a post, or so I thought, I would have used the one with the quotation marks and wondered what had gone wrong. Thanks for the explanation.

Quick update - full stats are Here

We now have:

4 x Page 1 results including the two [edit] THREE number 1 spots
1 x Page 2
1 x Page 3
1 x Page 4

Humax (UK World results) Note this is now World results not just UK.
22/03 - Page 4 #4 - up 21 places

Humax help (world results)
22/03 - Still Number 1

Humax Forum (world results)
26/03 - Page 1 #1
22/03 - Page 1 #6 (down 1 again :()

HDR Fox T2 (world results)
22/03 - Page 2 #4 (up 2)

HDR Fox t2 Help (world results)
22/03 - Page 1 #7 (down 1)

FoxSat HDR (world results)
22/03 - Page 3 #7 (down 4)

FoxSat help (world results)
22/03 - Still number 1

Alexa Page Rank for hummy.tv
22/03 - 1,305,008 (down 173,931)

Alexa Count of Sites Linking In (updated monthly)
22/03 - 36 (up 3)

STOP PRESS - we've got another number 1 spot - 'Humax Forum' now comes in at the number 1 spot on a google world search!!!! :):):) (In fact we actually get #1 and #2 results!!)

Well it's been a while since I checked so, once again, pick of the pops tune at the ready.....

Google world search position results

Humax Help #1
FoxSat Help #1
HDR Fox T2 Help #2 (the use of the dash btw HDR and Fox makes all the difference between #1 and #2 spot)
Humax Forum #3
HDR Fox T2 #10 (page 1 is no mean feat considering the retailers usually filling it up)

I checked 'Humax Firmware' and we are 4th - but the first three are all official Humax sites so we are the first user group in the results!!!

At some point I might check some other search engines but hey, no-one ever calls vacuuming "electroluxing" do they?!!!!

This popularity does have it's downside however, both the forum and the WiKi is constantly being attacked by bogus new users trying to place advertising on our pages :(:(

This popularity does have it's downside however, both the forum and the WiKi is constantly being attacked by bogus new users trying to place advertising on our pages :(:(

Yes I saw some of the threads about dodgy posts and associated time wasting - is that just becasue we've recently hit the radar and they'll move on to fresher prey, or is that just the price of having a forum/Wiki these days?

Yes I saw some of the threads about dodgy posts and associated time wasting - is that just becasue we've recently hit the radar and they'll move on to fresher prey, or is that just the price of having a forum/Wiki these days?
I don't think it is either. There is a wave of attacks on XenForo based Forums at the moment. Another Forum where I moderate that is phpBB based (and ranked number one in its area of interest) has seen no rise in spamming attempts.

Back