advertising hummy.tv

advertising hummy.tv

I am wondering - would it be worth putting up a post on DS and AV forums to announce hummy.tv and encourage folks to participate ? or is that bad form :lol:

Re: advertising hummy.tv

yes they get a bit funny we need to advertise this site so people know there is somewhere to get help from also we need humax support on here if we can get it

I did make a post but the DS moderators removed it - for advertising! I did suspect that they may object but I think that this was more of a generic "do not advertise other sites" email rather than anything more.

I suggest that we make sure that we make regular referrals to hummy.tv on any DS or AVforum posts.

I'm no expert but is there any way of getting the site listed on the search engines?

advertising hummy.tv

If anyone has any ideas on advertising this site for free please inform us.

gathercole77 said:
If any one had website please advertise this site on there please

hummy.org you had to register to get to the downloads/web sites, the result was you started to post (ie. me), i may never have registered if i didnt want the downloads.

this site needs to get has many people registered

more posts = more hits

we need this site ( im lazy and i like things easy to find )

i agree we need to grow this site as big as we can so if anyone has contact with humax or bob cat get them to register here as it would be good for them aswell as us haveing humax support

Hi

Just checked the source code and notice that the meta info has not been filled in; IIRC keywords are one of the major things bots look at to rate a site, would it help our rankings rise to fill the meta data in?

ive no idea if it would help or not but ive been to every forum i know to advertise this new site so lets hope people keep joining

keithatrochdale said:
Hi

Just checked the source code and notice that the meta info has not been filled in; IIRC keywords are one of the major things bots look at to rate a site, would it help our rankings rise to fill the meta data in?

dont know that much about web sites, who needs to do that ?, michael

gathercole77 said:
ive no idea if it would help or not but ive been to every forum i know to advertise this new site so lets hope people keep joining

we're on yahoo seach now, its improving

framedtoo said:
keithatrochdale said:
Hi

dont know that much about web sites, who needs to do that ?, michael

Yes Michael has the permissions to upload the necessary files to the server.

If you click on VIEW and then PAGE SOURCE you will see the HTML that displays the page, the code that needs altering is;

<meta name="copyright" content="2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />

These are from one of my sites (http://www.rbdslf.org.uk/);

<META NAME="description" CONTENT=" The RBDSLF is a voluntary group supporting access for people with disabilities into Sports and Leisure. The forum meets approximately 6 times a year. ">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="RBDSLF, people, disabilities, Sports, Activity, participants, providers, voluntary, group, supporting, Rochdale, Middleton, Heywood, Parent, Carers, access, Coaches, Service, Managers, events, activities, developing ">

Not sure how much it helps the ranking, but it might be worth a try.

This site appears on a google search if you search for "hummy.tv" but no-one's going to be searching for it that way because they obviously already know the address anyway! What we need is for searches on "humax forum" and "hummy forum" to bring people here, which currently they don't (on Google at least).

Back