Annoying Subtitles

Pipric

When I pause live TV played through a Foxsat-HDR the programme resumes with subtitles. I can't find a way of switching them off. Any clues anyone?

For a more permanent solution, on any channel with the issue try toggling the subtitles on and then off again. This normally works unless the affected channel has been moved using customise channels. Incidentally Exit twice (once if the progress bar has timed out) also works.

try toggling the subtitles on and then off again.
But you can't do that when you want to, e.g. at the time you are trying to watch the timeshift with the subs on. It also 'comes back' after a while (not while you are watching, but on what seems to be a random timeshift viewing. So it's 'more permanent' but not permanent, it's a pain in the butt. So is the dropping out of timeshift when the programme finishes if you happen to be recording it as well.

I think the idea is to do that at a convenient time when you are not timeshifting the channel so you don't get it happening in the future.

But you can't do that when you want to, e.g. at the time you are trying to watch the timeshift with the subs on. It also 'comes back' after a while (not while you are watching, but on what seems to be a random timeshift viewing. So it's 'more permanent' but not permanent, it's a pain in the butt. So is the dropping out of timeshift when the programme finishes if you happen to be recording it as well.

As Gomezz says. The theory is that the overall subtitles on option in the setup menu and the sub button option for the channel you are using gets out of step. Toggling the subtitles on and then off again clears the issue. It's easy to avoid dropping out of timeshift by using the forward skip button if close to the buffer end. If you have say +2 minutes then if less than 2 minutes left the button is ignored. Anyway the sensible option is to watch the recording in chasing playback. Say you want to pause at 20 minutes, start playing the recording and enter the direct time to jump to where you want to be.

Thanks GLT and gomezz. If I remember to do all that then it will be a miracle. It usually happens when HWMBO is also watching and she gets hacked off when I start mucking about with it. I'm not sure which is the lesser of the two evils. Shame it happens in the first place. It's a right pain.

Back