Another DSO Event?

Yes, having selected the favourite channels you can move them up/down individually before saving.
You can also edit the list afterwards to add/delete/move channels

I haven't seen the 'not sticking' problem lately, as long as you switch to a new channel from the EPG while displaying your selected 'Group', I assume it had been fixed

Though I now use poweron_channel that only solves it for start up, not if you switch groups during "a session".
However, if you change group within the EPG, it does stick as long as you switch to another channel before exiting the EPG.
This has worked for me for well I'ver a year, so I think the problem was fixed.

Though I now use poweron_channel that only solves it for start up, not if you switch groups during "a session".
However, if you change group within the EPG, it does stick as long as you switch to another channel before exiting the EPG.
This has worked for me for well I'ver a year, so I think the problem was fixed.
Hm. I'll think about it ...

It is possible to re-order channels using a favorites list
This is supposed to be a general Freeview discussion, not a particular make and model. Not all Freeview receivers allow re-ordering.

I don't get those annoying overlay messages on Freesat, on any of my machines.

You are correct, it is a general Freeview discussion, but as virtually every post from #9 to #28 relates directly to HDR / HD Fox T2, it does seem a bit late in the day to point it out now

I suppose there needs to be a general "Humax Freeview" forum for the later discussion to be moved to.

So, to be completely clear (in my head, at least), on a HDRFOX-T2 (sorry, Mike0001!), the DSO event will go ahead automatically at 3.30pm Wednesday, unless prevented by the user?

For me, this is good as it's one less job, as long as I remember the one extra job of restoring the schedule data.

That's fine, as long as the automatic tuning achieves what you want. In an area where signals can be received from multiple transmitters, it might not.

I just got the retune now or later box on my HDR T2. Selecting later actually works this time, though that may be because I am currently watching a recording.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I let my HDR T2 have its way, and ended up with 353 channels from 17 muxes! BBC1 was South West and BBC1 HD was Wales, neither of which is the correct region.
It doesn't ask you to select a region from a DSO enforced Auto retune unlike a manually initiated one (that's another Humax bug/screw-up isn't it!)
Having re-installed the attenuator and done an Auto manually, there are loads of duplicate channels (KISS, Quest+1, CBBC etc.) and LCNs both across muxes and within muxes.
Complete amateur hour at the DTG then by the looks of it. Guess I'll clear it all out again when they've sorted themselves out in a couple of weeks.

I just got the retune now or later box on my HDR T2. Selecting later actually works this time, though that may be because I am currently watching a recording.
With my HDR-2000T I waited until the first recording had completed before switching it on, and selected 'Later' when the message came up. I can't get the message back now. On My HDR-FOX T2 I just changed to a different multiples and the message comes back. On the HDR-2000T I even did a cold restart and the message still won't come back.

I've done the retune. I thought those 80+ channels were moving to 120+ (or thereabouts), but I ended up with many/most in both places.
I didn't notice until after I'd restored my favourites list (in the CFW), so I don't know if this has been caused by that or was a correct result of the tuning. (I've deleted all the 80+ ones anyway, but just curious as to what happened.)

I've done the retune. I thought those 80+ channels were moving to 120+ (or thereabouts), but I ended up with many/most in both places.
I didn't notice until after I'd restored my favourites list (in the CFW), so I don't know if this has been caused by that or was a correct result of the tuning. (I've deleted all the 80+ ones anyway, but just curious as to what happened.)
It was a correct result of the tuning.
A message is being broadcast on at least the BBC channel numbers whose channels are being renumbered. A slight irritation for HDR-FOX T2 owners. I have a Sony TV which abruptly stopping all broadcast on the old number causes grief. On my Sony TV if a channel number changes abruptly and there is a recording timer for that channel then the timer does not work and becomes difficult to delete. I have to rename the channel number back, delete the channel, and the rename the channel to the new number.

I do have disabled ota but not disabled dso and yet I do not seem to get the retune message. My T2 has not retuned by itself. So I don't know where I'm standing
Edit
Minutes after I got the message, chose later did manual search. Do you think it will still want to do a retune?

Last edited:
Minutes after I got the message, chose later did manual search. Do you think it will still want to do a retune?
Yes, you have to let it start to auto tune, then you can stop it and perform a manual tune.

Back