Another DSO Event?

Yes, you have to let it start to auto tune, then you can stop it and perform a manual tune.
How do you know that applies to the version of the software that mihaid is using?

Edit: I'm referring to the 'yes' part of your statement.

Last edited:
Yes, you have to let it start to auto tune, then you can stop it and perform a manual tune.

I hope not. I jumped in and manually retuned three HDRs before the prompt on the second two, and after selecting later on the first. Fortunately I installed the disable-DSO package before I did the retune.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Minutes after I got the message, chose later did manual search. Do you think it will still want to do a retune?
How do you know that applies to the version of the software that mihaid is using?

Edit: I'm referring to the 'yes' part of your statement.
I don't need to know, my 'yes' was in reply to the question 'Do you think it will still want to do a retune?'

I hope not. I jumped in and manually retuned three HDRs before the prompt on the second two, and after selecting later on the first. Fortunately I installed the disable-DSO package before I did the retune.
I have previously selected later and manually tuned, only to have the auto tune prompt return.

I have previously selected later and manually tuned, only to have the auto tune prompt return.
How much previously? Previously for this retune event using 1.03.12 or a previously for a previous retune event and software?

My new Samsung TV (H5000) greeted me with a retune option when I turned on tonight, even though it started up (as always) on HDMI. I dismissed it.

Wallies! Why tinker with channel numbers yet again? I am so glad the Freesat numbers rarely change. My neighbours can't cope with this, and why should they?

Would disabled dso prevent this prompt? Or is it too late now I chose later.
I suspect that the same could be done by using the custom firmware webif to view the schedule. If there is an event that describes itself as DSO then delete it.

Unfortunately I manually deleted my entry before I realised that I wanted to see what happened with the latest software, (which was why I was asking Brian for clarification as I could not try it myself).
Has your message come back?

An HD-FOX has retuned - I only noticed when I found the Wales regional news bulletin on 1 instead of the West region I expected. I now have LCNs going up to 1015!

An HD-FOX has retuned - I only noticed when I found the Wales regional news bulletin on 1 instead of the West region I expected. I now have LCNs going up to 1015!
Mine went up to 1024!
Exceptional weather conditions last evening? I was picking up London from Ipswich. Retuned again this morning and is back to normal.

Mine went up to 1024!
Exceptional weather conditions last evening? I was picking up London from Ipswich. Retuned again this morning and is back to normal.
1042.:)
That should confuse at least some of the HD-FOX T2's AR recordings. :D

I see there's another DSO event scheduled for 1st Oct. at 16:00
I wonder what this does apart from presumably removing all the old channels that got moved last time?

My Samsung TV is flashing a message each time I switch on, about the end of some paid service requiring a retune. (Sky? Virgin?) As it's tuned to Freesat anyway, it won't affect me.

I see there's another DSO event scheduled for 1st Oct. at 16:00
I wonder what this does apart from presumably removing all the old channels that got moved last time?
Removes 70-85 inclusive, 301, 791-796 inclusive.
Moves 90 to 70 (CBS Action).

Back