Another problem

Andybrody

Hi again
Just got this from webif Authentication required " A user name and password are being requested by http://192.168.1.85. The site says: "webif" " when trying to log into webif of the new HD fox machine as far as I know I have not changed anything.
Help can not gain acces to the box at all now have tried reboot no change.
Thanks
Andy

Refer to post #2 here.
http://hummy.tv/forum/index.php?threads/Browser-access-password-forgotten.4864/

Can I also suggest that when you have such a problem, searching the forum (in this case for "password") may get you the answer sooner.

Thanks almost there very rarley use telnet bit of a dummy how do iget option2 on the telnet screen when log in
This what i have on the Telnet screen not sure what to do next

"Humax HD-Fox T2 (HumaxBedroom) 1.02.29/2.21

HumaxBedroom# "
thanks for your help
Andy

You have Telnet configured for expert mode. To get the options back, open Web-If and go to Settings>Advanced Settings and change 'Expert mode Telnet settings?' to no.

Edit: might be a bit difficult if you are locked out of Web-If. I think if you type 'tmenu' in Telnet after logging in etc you get the options back.

You have Telnet configured for expert mode. To get the options back, open Web-If and go to Settings>Advanced Settings and change 'Expert mode Telnet settings?' to no.
Big problem I cant get into webif due to the original problem reported in #1 above
Hope you can help
Thanks
Andy

Edit: might be a bit difficult if you are locked out of Web-If. I think if you type 'tmenu' in Telnet after logging in etc you get the options back.
Hi MontysEvilTwin
Your a star thanks for that all ok now
realy do not know how this passwrod problem came about in the first place
to my knowledge I did not do anthing to cause it to happen
Thanks again for all of you help
Regards
Andy

Back