Assume v. Presume

I would state it as 0.5A.

In a similar vein where I grew up we called the narrow alley at the back of a row of houses a ten foot. Curiously in the part of the country I live now such an alley is called a ture, chure or chewar.

Last edited:
What?

You're the only one who said anything about multiplying volts and amps, the first mention said "mixing", which could just as well be a division and therefore ohms or siemens (don't go there!).
Wrong again. it can't be division, addition or subtraction for a couple of reasons. As I used the word 'mixing' in the first place in this context, I 'own' it in this thread (or is it a tread?), and I can have it mean anything I want it to mean. However I fully explained my reasoning for the multiply interpretation in post #4371. So it's Watts, and not any other fancy unit.

(and I don't like the "s" on the end of units

How strange. What is the genesis of that idea?
Something about "s" being seconds and the possibility of confusing Amps with Amp seconds etc. (Don't ask where that came from, I can't remember. It was drummed into me somewhere)
Indeed. Amp is short for Ampere, you certainly wouldn't use the singular form unless it was exactly one, so it's 3 Amps.
So you would insert a 3 Amps fuse into your plug?

Last edited:
Seems that tautology is the word of the week then.
Seems that tautology is the word of the week then.

It has just occurred to me that "wholly" is an irregular spelling. I can't immediately think of a similar example - feel free to shoot me down.

Let's party!

:dance::cheers::dance::cheers::clap_::hug::rolling::duel::dance::cheers:

Note the lack of social distancing, nor adherence to the rule of six. (I've just realised the repetitive nature of these GIFs reminds me of the old seaside animated illuminations such as Southend.)

You could always kick off another word game...

Back