Aura UHD android TV recorder November launch

In this context FUSE is "File System in User Space" ie the file system driver is not in the kernel.
I'll have another go at the Wikipedia article. It's interesting that senior members are raising eyebrows when someone old enough to have formatted floppy disks at work reports issues formatting HDDs that work reliably on another device at the first attempt, and another user reports a corrupted drive and failure. I wonder if the Aura has downloaded a driver.

I am liking this machine more and more. The UI is brilliant. Recordings OK so far, my wife even used it yesterday.

Apps could be better, eg, Netflix and Chrome unavailable.

The Humax TV Guide app is connected, though it crashes when I click on Schedule. Hope the dedicated app will be better.

Anyone tried V File Manager? It may allow exporting recordings, I didn't have an external hard drive to hand.

V File Explorer (?) looks better than the others I tried.
I copied an SD file from the Corona Recordings folder to the clipboard but I'm not seeing a paste button on the external NTFS drive.
The lack of Netflix is beginning to worry me, not because I want it personally but because it suggests a lack of support, and eventual low sales and a low user base leading to the dustbin of history. I'm not seeing immediate access to more content. I spent most of yesterday going through Amazon Prime Video and found two items I couldn't get on Blu Ray. Someone on Youtube was talking about Apple TV. Not sure where this is coming from.
I see it's copied a 4.1kb Android folder with com.humaxdigital.corona.tvinput.freeview, but the Recordings folder within is empty. I've transcribed the file structure into a .odt.

Last edited:
The Fire TV Cube may be a better bet for Netflix, etc. It is currently in the Az Black Friday sale. I was impressed with Roku, but just cannot get lip sync on anything to work. My old Amazon Fire stick is ok but very slow, plus WiFi only. The cube has a LAN socket.

I had a Roku at one point, but found the picture quality to be worse than from the Sony DVD apps.
What should I do with the Android folder and the .odt? They don't seem to contain any personal information.

What should I do with the Android folder and the .odt? They don't seem to contain any personal information.
What do you mean? Do you want to publish them for others to see? Why?

If so, zip it all up and then rename the zip file .txt.

Since you have succeeded in recording and attaching an external drive have you also managed to install a file manager app that would allow you to attempt to view the files created by recording and to copy them to external disk?
Is the file structure similar to other humaxes with .ts, .hmt, .nts and .thm files for each recording?

I am liking this machine more and more. The UI is brilliant. Recordings OK so far, my wife even used it yesterday.

Apps could be better, eg, Netflix and Chrome unavailable.

The Humax TV Guide app is connected, though it crashes when I click on Schedule. Hope the dedicated app will be better.

Anyone tried V File Manager? It may allow exporting recordings, I didn't have an external hard drive to hand.
There is a different set of sidecar files. If it is not really relevant...

Oh dear, I thought everyone could instantly convert milliseconds to UTC.,🤣🤣🤣

Can the Humax Aura be programmed to 'wake' and 'sleep' at set times, like the HDR-Fox T2 can (via the 'Preferences' - 'Power on timer '- 'Power off timer', etc)?
e.g. 'On at 5:30am; Off at 5:50am' (to fill the EPG).

I was wondering whether doing so might 'fix' the Aura's lengthy start sequence from low-power mode.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you could set a daily 'Reminder' on the Aura as you can on the HDR-Fox T2, where it wakes up for a set time to display a TV channel without recording it
Edit
Please note the use of the of the word guessing is indicating that I don't own an Aura so I can't try this out myself

Can the Humax Aura be programmed to 'wake' and 'sleep' at set times, like the HDR-Fox T2 can (via the 'Preferences' - 'Power on timer '- 'Power off timer', etc)?
e.g. 'On at 5:30am; Off at 5:50am' (to fill the EPG).

I was wondering whether doing so might 'fix' the Aura's lengthy start sequence from low-power mode.
Sorry, I haven't even worked out how to set low power mode yet. I searched the settings for it.

Back