Backup/restore recording schedule when doing factory reset?

Is there any way of backing up and restoring scheduled recordings when needing to do a factory reset? (so that I don't need to re-create all of my scheduled recordings after a reset)

On the bottom of the "Scheduled Events" page of the custom firmware Web Interface, just under the grid of scheduled events, is a button labelled "Backup / Restore Shceduled Recordings/Events". This will do what you want to do.

Is this the case on the Foxsat GLT. I was going to post similar, but realised that I was referring to the T2 with CF when the OP was referring to the Foxsat with CF, and mine has been 'retired'.

Thanks - I must have missed that option when I looked at the Scheduled Recordings page. I don't see the autorestore package in my list of available packages - is that something that is available for the Foxsat HDR?
Also, is there any way of automatically backing up the recording schedule (e.g. on a daily basis)?

Funnily enough I have my sister's old T2 in the loft. It needs a new hard drive and remote, but I was keeping it as a possible refurbishment project just in case the Foxsat died on me. From what I can tell it isn't so easy to extract HD recordings from the T2 to a PC - is that correct? I do this alot to play the content on a media player when I'm travelling.

From what I can tell it isn't so easy to extract HD recordings from the T2 to a PC
No. It's easy peasy with the custom firmware. Everything is encrypted on record, but the a package in the CF de-crypts it for you. Not quite as simply/quickly as nowster's patch on the Foxsat, but if you set it to de-crypt 'on the fly', it's available shortly after recording ends. The T2 has had, and is still getting a lot of support here, and if you have a reasonable Freeview signal, and can cope with the small differences in programme material, then get it out as it's bigger, better, faster and all good other stuff.:D I have both, but retired the Foxsat when I got a Humax 'manager's offer' on a T2.
And don't be afraid of coming back with any questions that you might have when setting it up.
If there's anything to be known about the T2, then this is the place that knows ot.

Not correct. The Foxsat can be tweaked not to encrypt recordings in the first place, but we have adequate work-arounds on the HDR-FOX.

Start here: Things Every... (click) section 5.

Interesting - it looks like things have moved on since I last investigated the T2. So it seems that the auto-decrypt option will make the recordings playable on another player. Does the T2 also support Samba, so that I can copy and manage recordings using File Explorer on a Windows PC on the LAN? (something else which I do alot).

Hmmm...I think a trip to the loft may be imminent...will try to track down instructions for replacing a knackered HDD with a 2TB drive. I suspect Linux may be involved somewhere. Is the T2 fussy about which drive models are compatible with it?

Nope, just shove it in. It's a bit more complex if you want a drive bigger than that though. Use an AV drive. Someone will be along in a mo to recommend one by make and model. I have got a 2TB Seagate in mine. (ST2000VM002 is the more recent one I think). 5200 RPM is fine and an SSD is a waste of money as well as its suitability being suspect.

I've been Googling around but so far the only HDD prep instructions I can find involve copying partitions from the original drive. Since the original drive is dead that's not an option for me. Is it actually possible to use a new HDD for the T2 if the original is not available for copying?

I've been Googling around but so far the only HDD prep instructions I can find involve copying partitions from the original drive. Since the original drive is dead that's not an option for me. Is it actually possible to use a new HDD for the T2 if the original is not available for copying?
Yes, it's no problem, just put it in and the Humax will offer to format it for you (up to 2TB with the latest firmware).
Anything bigger than 2TB needs you to connect via telnet and select an option from the menu, easy enough though.

I've just set it up temporarily with an old 1Tb disk - I figure I may re-use the disk from the Foxsat HDR if I can find somewhere with enough space to copy the existing recordings from it first. Maybe I could compress them so that they eat up less space on the T2? Will it play mp4?

I must say I'm mightily impressed with the list of available packages. Not entirely sure what some of them do, though! It's now looking 99% certain that I'll be retiring the Foxsat HDR and migrating to the T2. Channel listings aside, is there any advantage that the Foxsat HDR has over the T2?

I've just set it up temporarily with an old 1Tb disk - I figure I may re-use the disk from the Foxsat HDR if I can find somewhere with enough space to copy the existing recordings from it first. Maybe I could compress them so that they eat up less space on the T2? Will it play mp4?

I must say I'm mightily impressed with the list of available packages. Not entirely sure what some of them do, though! It's now looking 99% certain that I'll be retiring the Foxsat HDR and migrating to the T2. Channel listings aside, is there any advantage that the Foxsat HDR has over the T2?

The T2 will play back Foxsat unencrypted recordings (delete or rename the sidecar files leaving only the .ts). You can recreate suitable sidecar files for the T2 to give you full playback options using Raydons AV2HDR-T2 utility.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/av2hdr-t2-v10-for-the-humax-hdr-fox-t2

Note HD recordings will play back the AD track rather than the main audio (2.0 or 5.1). You can remux the file losing the AD track using TSmuxerGUI. You can actually stream recordings from the Foxsat to the T2 (requires convertfiles on the Foxsat to correct the audio track problem). It actually improves the picture on HD content as the FOx T2 has a crisper HD output than the Foxsat. It's easier to use Foxsat files externally as the audio is ac3 rather than aac.

I sometimes suffer weather related co-channel interference on Freeview, Freesat is immune from this.

Why not keep both in service ?

Last edited:
Back