BBC HD to BBC TWO HD

Although a lot of what was on BBC HD was the same programming as for BBC2, I take we need to scrutinise our timers for anything that, say, was on both BBC3 or 4, but which we'd set up to record on BBC HD and revert them to the SD channel version on or before 26th (or lose them)?

I can confirm that the change to BBC TWO HD has happened, and does Not require a retune.

No retune required, unless you want the EPG listing to show "BBC TWO HD" instead of remaining as "BBC HD".
Not quite. What actually happened is the channel remained "BBC HD" in the EPG and channel list until the Humax was tuned to the HiDef mux (not necessarily BBC TWO HD), and then the name change occurred. I checked this on a HD-FOX (with pre-October tuning) as well as two HDR-FOXes.

I have not noticed this before, I suppose other name changes (eg Channel One becoming Pick TV) have been with different service IDs.

Confirmed, should anyone care : )

Code:
humax# status
Watching 200: BBC Red Button
humax# echo 'select szSvcName from TBL_SVC where usLcn = 102;' | sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
BBC HD

humax# ir ONE ZERO ONE OK
ONE (0x3)
ZERO (0xc)
ONE (0x3)
OK (0x13)

humax# echo 'select szSvcName from TBL_SVC where usLcn = 102;' | sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
BBC HD
BBC TWO HD

humax# status
Watching 101: BBC ONE HD - You've Been Scammed (11:00 - 11:30) [4%]

Has the Channel icon changed for anyone? Mine shows a question mark in a blue square.

I don't see brian's posts in Recent Activity. He's disabled something which hides them.

I have updated several logos on RS, including adding BBC TWO HD, and will push out an updated webif-channelicons package this evening.

I've already read it. I am aware of how to search for posts.
If brian had duplicated that post in this thread I would have seen it and not commented.

I miss BBC HD already. Where else can you watch/record extended previews of upcoming programs during the day. Also, that sound sync video and test card were useful.

Also, assuming the BBC will occasionally broadcast a show in 3D, as they are threatening to do with Doctor Who?, where will they stick that, with no spare channel?

That's a very good point, the BBC can't show anything in all 3 formats as they used to i.e. BBC1 = SD version, BBC1 HD = Hi-Def version and BBC HD = 3D version, so they are much less likely to show anything in 3D any more as the majority of viewers would complain about losing their Hi-Def program so that the BBC can supply a very small number of viewers the 3D version

Back