Cannot see the TV Portal page

I have not used the TV Portal for quite a long time but now the page will not appear. When you press the portal button you briefly see an hourglass icon but that is all. The box itself on the front panel scrolls the text Humax TV Portal etc. If you go into the menu install settings you can see that it has connected to the internet.

I have the latest OTA software version installed.

Anybody know what might be happening? Does the portal nolonger work and Humax are not supporting it?

Rob.

Did you have the custom firmware and a custom portal installed before the OTA upgrade? If so it may no longer be compatible but be blocking the new default portal from opening.

Yes, if you are running the custom portal, it needs to be the package "new-portal 1.01" for 1.03.xx. (xx meaning any version greater than 1.03.00)

If you have installed this, make sure you reboot your box about 2/3 times for things to kick in.
If it is still not kicking in, run the general diagnostic test and post the results back here.

If you are not running the custom firmware, then its a different issue.

Did you have the custom firmware and a custom portal installed before the OTA upgrade? If so it may no longer be compatible but be blocking the new default portal from opening.

No. I have not installed any custom software so far. So the box is standard with version 1.03.12 updated on 7/2/2014, Loader version a7.30 and Micom Version 9.2.

Still not working for me.

So just to get this absolutely straight, if you have a totally standard box the TV Portal no longer works and you need to go down the custom software route?

So just to get this absolutely straight, if you have a totally standard box the TV Portal no longer works and you need to go down the custom software route?

Err, nobody has said that.. the standard portal works fine.
Try reflashing your firmware or checking your network settings..

No, the "connected" status just says the HDR can see your home network, not that it can get access to the external Internet.

Do you mean if the network connection can see the Internet?

Unless your router is blocking access, as long as the HDR-FOX can obtain an appropriate configuration from the router by DHCP you should be fine.

Please describe your home network - is the HDR-FOX connected by Ethernet cable to the router, are you using WiFi, or something else?

Go to Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN (or Configure LAN (Wi-Fi)) and post the parameters shown there.

I am using DHCP via a box plugged in a socket, forgotten what they are called, upto a Netgear router. The IP assigned is 192.168.1.20. All seems correct. All that has changed is the using of the wall socket things. I will try taking the router downstairs and plugging directly in to it. I used to use another router connected directly with the humax and switch the main one off but using two different routers mucked up my internet speed. I then purchased the power plugs and used them for something else. I don't see why they should not work for the humax.

Did you change the DHCP IP address range on your Netgear router? The usual Netgear default is 192.168.0.xxx

Have you set up a fixed IP on the hummy for your previous router that used the range 192.168.1.xxx and not set it up for your Netgear? Or do the mains thingys use their own IP range and DHCP? (I don't have experience of using these things). Was it your previous router that used the range 192.168.1.xxx?

Does the Hummy show up as a connected device on your router info page? (Usually 192.168.0.1 for a Netgear router)

The old router was using 192.168.0.x and the new is definitely 192.168.1.x.

The humax shows up as
Unknown Device 192.168.1.21 DC:D3:21:0A:01:56 LAN

A few points/questions which might help to clarify the situation :-

First an (apparent) inconsistency - In post #14 you say the assigned IP address is x.x.1.20 but in post #17 you quote it as x.x.1.21. Is this just a typo or are you confusing 2 different devices/ connections?
Is the MAC address quoted in #17 lifted from the Humax screen directly (per the advice in post #13) or from the Netgear router page?
Are your 'wall socket things' homeplugs or a wireless range extender? I've no experience of homeplugs but a range extender would definitely add an extra IP address into the mix.

Back