Can't access wireless stuff

ccorrigan

Hi All

Pls don't flame me - have lkd on forum for prev threads and cldn't find any by page 7 so....I'm not technical and just don't understand why my pc can't see box (HDR-Fox T2). Got humax dongle and done settings on TV and nothing registering on PC. Box sees router but not vice versa. ..phoned Humax they were rubbish and said it was 02 problem as he couldn't give me an ansa. Hve had Humax box for 6m and not yet sorted out. Please help. Thank you

If i'm guessing correctly you are saying the the Humax can 'see' your router and presumably the TV portal works, If this is correct then if you get the IP address fro your Humax in MENU >> Settings >> System >> Internet settings >> Configure LAN >> IP address and use that from you P.C. you should be able to 'see' the Humax. On the P.C. try Start >> Run >> cmd >> OK and then in the new window ping 192.168.1.24 Note :- replace 192.168.1.24 with the IP address of your Humax.
Question : how are you trying to 'see' your Humax from your P.C. ? FTP may-be

Pls don't flame me - have lkd on forum for prev threads and cldn't find any by page 7 so....I'm not technical and just don't understand why my pc can't see box (HDR-Fox T2). Got humax dongle and done settings on TV and nothing registering on PC. Box sees router but not vice versa. ..phoned Humax they were rubbish and said it was 02 problem as he couldn't give me an ansa. Hve had Humax box for 6m and not yet sorted out. Please help. Thank you
Flaming isn't something we do here. It would help if we knew what you are trying to do (custom firmware may not be relevant).

For example, if you are trying to stream recorded content to a media player on the PC, note the following:
  • Check your network connection works by accessing the TV portal;
  • In order to share content you need Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On, and it needs time to get working;
  • You need a DLNA-compatible media player on the PC, eg an up-to-date VLC or XBMC;
  • StDef recordings only (not HiDef).

All questions are relevant if they help to determine what the OP has done and is trying to do!

Non-custom forum, always best to presume non-custom until otherwise stated (and a disadvantage of using the recent posts list - not obvious which forum you're in!).

Hello all - thanks for replies...I'll warn you, I am probably going to make you pull your hair out!

Ezra Pound: I have done your suggestion and the ping thing timed out. I've done a search on my c: drive for HUMAX and nothing coming up anywhere apart from the updates that husband downloaded and saved on to c drive so cld load onto flash drive to then stick on the HDR.

The downloads that hve been done are: 1.01.09, 1.02.07 and 1.02.20

Thank you again...(only want to watch the last Hunted on Iplayer!)

Non-custom forum, always best to presume non-custom until otherwise stated (and a disadvantage of using the recent posts list - not obvious which forum you're in!).
It wouldn't be the first time a new poster has used the wrong forum.

Sorry - I know which forum I'm in. not sure why you think I don't? Must've confused you in a new and completely random way.

I have a HUMAX HDR-FOX T2. I searched the HDR-FOX-T2 forum for my ansa prior to posting and cldn't find one so hve posted to this forum (HDR-Fox T2 - to clarify...)?!

Hi Black Hole - exactly that but the other way around - I hate watching iplayer on my pc monitor and would like to watch it on the tv. Still look at same stuff?!

I think we still need to know exactly what you are trying to do e.g.
1) send video from P.C. to Humax
2) send a file from P.C. to Humax

If the requirement is as in #12 , e.g. watch i-player on TV you need to get the TV portal on the Humax working

Hi Black Hole - exactly that but the other way around - I hate watching iplayer on my pc monitor and would like to watch it on the tv. Still look at same stuff?!
OK, so you don't need to access the PC, all you are trying to do is get out onto the Internet.

First bit of advice is to ditch the wireless to start with, get it working with a temporary cable connection back to your router. Should be much easier. We have had enquiries where a wireless network issue never managed to be resolved.

EP: We're trying to watch i-player on Humax. The Humax can see the router but won't connect to it.

BH: Don't have a cable to try with at the moment. It's the Humax dongle, it's flashing away, the Humax sees the O2 router, you put the passwaord in, hit connect and.... it doesn't. They're in same room but seperated by a fireplace and route is tortuous for cable.

If your router isn't capable of 802.11n then as far as I can tell the Humax won't connect.

Mine certainly won't connect to my 802.11g router, but can see a heap of other routers.

It certainly connects to a g with the Edimax dongle. Can't speak for Humax's own dongle but I don't see why not. n is a superset of g AFAIK.

The dongle I have is the one recomended from play.com, not sure of the brand. It will not connect with my router although my laptops have no problem, but it will see various other routers around the neighbourhood, which I recognise as 802.11n on my inSSIDer.

EP: We're trying to watch i-player on Humax. The Humax can see the router but won't connect to it.

BH: Don't have a cable to try with at the moment. It's the Humax dongle, it's flashing away, the Humax sees the O2 router, you put the passwaord in, hit connect and.... it doesn't. They're in same room but seperated by a fireplace and route is tortuous for cable.

I said temporarily. We have no way to resolve your problem, some routers don't seem to like playing ball. Personally I use HomePlug.

Back