Cant get Cust FW to work

m623d

Ive had 2.15Cfw on my humax for ages, so thought Id update.
Could get into webif because it wanted password and I cant remember ever setting one.
So after alot of searching etc I decided to reset the FW environment.
But now I cant get into the box by typing the ip in a browser.
I can telnet into it.
I have reset to Man FW and re installed CW, but still cannot ip via browser only telnet.
How can I sort this?
Is there a way of deleting all custom files via telnet so I can start a clean?
Dont really want to risk deleting all my films/programmes if I can help it.

Not sure if this is a recognised fault, but when recording the last few days, it doesnt display the name of the programme under the media, it shows the programme discription.

Thanks

I would reinstall Webif using Telnet: see here. If you are still having password problems this can also be sorted via Telnet: see here.
I have no idea about your filenames/ descriptions problem, hopefully someone else can help.

I get no such directory when I try to do opkg install webif --force-reinstall
unknown package 'webif'

Could get into webif because it wanted password and I cant remember ever setting one.
There would have been a way to sort that out, documented in the wiki under FAQs (IIRC)
Is there a way of deleting all custom files via telnet so I can start a clean?
Do you get a menu when you access the Telnet command line? If yes, you are looking for RMA mode (after which you load a standard firmware and then can start CF again fresh). If no (you just get the command prompt), type "tmenu" and go from there.

Yes I get the telnet menu.
Ive tried the RMA mode and installed standard FW, then the CFW, but still cant load via ip in browser, and get the same error when trying to install webif

just had another look at telnet, where is RMA located?
I get these options:
1)Maintenance Mode
2)Remove web interface password
stat) show what box is doing
x) exit
diag)run a diagnostic
cli)command line interface

At the command line option, type setrma. That should do it. You can find more information about this in the Wiki. There is a link to it in the top left of the forum.

HTH

I think in Telnet you type 'CLI' to get the command line then (after the #) type 'diag setrma' to get it to set return to manufacturer mode. Then when its all done and rebooted install standard firmware (1.02.32 or 1.03.12) to get back to a non-customised state.

just had another look at telnet, where is RMA located?
Sorry about that, I thought it was there somewhere.

@af123: I think it would be useful to have RMA available on the Telnet menu for situations such as this.

tried
humax# diag fix-webif

and came back with error failed to open, no such directory. Downloading packages, cannot open read only file system blar blar blar

Any other ideas?

Sounds like a disk problem. Use the Telnet menu to get into maintenance mode, then run the disk check and repair options.

Ok I have run the repair and it found and fixed a load of errors.
What shall I do now?
I have CFW loaded, shall I go back to original and start again?

Back