[CFW 2.19/1.03.06] Custom firmware for version 1.03.06

Erm, yes, sorry. Missed a whole part of this thread clearly and I thought I kept a good eye on this forum.... you can't search for anything that short, should have used eyes and scrolled up :)

Hi,

Humax service have arranged for my faulty T2/GB/500 to be picked up tomorrow and, according to the Job Sheet, it will be replaced by a T2/GB/500/RE.

Wonder what FW it will arrive with given reports of some (GB) units arriving with later versions ?

Any downside to the RE given that we have CF 1.03.06 for it ?

Pete

As we all know, not quite all, Humax have started to ship HDR boxes with newer versions of 1.02.32, aka 1.03.06 which merrily runs on existing HDR boxes (they ship it with it on) but haven't seen fit to upload this to the website in question. If they did then they would probably intend to do an over the air update which they probably don't intend to do. Now there are some ludites that won't use the custom software based on this version since it isn't officially released, but of course it is if you buy a box with it on. What put some people off was that you can't downgrade if you have a newer box but you can upgrade if you have an older box. 1.03.06 contains the new implementation of the BBC iPlayer with better navigation. This is all old news its just that the initial message got changed to something good, not bad along the way as the software and Humax model versions were better understood. If you didn't visit the site often over the months this can get missed.

Yes so I will be looking forward to AF123 getting hold of 1.03.11 so he can work his magic on it.

Edit

As explained further down I never typed AKA that was Google Android self completion and I didn't notice... however since "we" don't want to get our knickers in a twist I edited it to how I typed it till self completion altered it :) .

What is new about iplayer that people like? Any website where the differences are listed?

Navigation. Stepping back doesn't take you back out to the front iPlayer screen but the one before. e.g. comedy and types back would exit you back to the top. Supports favourites so will offer up as a series folder. Similar programmes can be accessed whilst playing e.g. if you don't like this music programme then other similar ones can be searched whilst still sticking with what you are watching.

As we all know, not quite all, Humax have started to ship HDR boxes with newer versions of 1.02.32 aka 1.03.06 which merrily runs on existing HDR boxes (they ship it with it on) but haven't seen fit to upload this to the website in question.
I believe that Humax chose not to release 1.03.06 because of a fault with it. However, I don't know what the fault is and many people are running it without apparent problems, other than the EPG running slowly at times.

Humax have started to ship HDR boxes with newer versions of 1.02.32 aka 1.03.06
What does this mean? As far as I know 1.02.32 and 1.03.06 are distinctly different. You might just as well say "newer version of 1.02.20 AKA 1.03.11" (or substitute any previous version of standard firmware).

What does this mean? .

I second that.

So this new firmware so far has only downside of slow EPG?

Also these new boxes RE? Are they from /for Ireland. Is my original box a GB?

Sorry for questions but this seems to have bypassed me. Only been on forums intermittently, because the box + af is so good.

Have been running 1.02.32 CF 2.21 with no problems for some time, and decided to try 1.03.06 CF2.21 today out of curiosity. Immediately noticed the laggy EPG problem in comparison to SWMBOs HDR (still on 1.02.32 CF 2.21). Did a factory reset to flush the EPG and removed any redundant schedule entries, which did improve things, but it still appeared appreciably laggy compared to the older firmware. Have reverted back for the time being. Only use IPlayer very occasionally, so if that's the only major improvement then I won't be losing out much.

New iPlayer (from a very quick look before I noticed the fault) has a completely new layout. The main addition I noticed was Subtitle support. Also HD/SD choice is now in the Transport/Features Bar along with the Subtitles control.

When I get the replacement I will take a longer look and try to post some photos !!!

Pete

What does this mean? As far as I know 1.02.32 and 1.03.06 are distinctly different. You might just as well say "newer version of 1.02.20 AKA 1.03.11" (or substitute any previous version of standard firmware).

We are not getting prickly are we ?. I can see that you love 1.02.20 rather 1.02.32. You could argue that whilst the Humax HDR base with older boxes squabble about which old firmwear is better than which old firmwear Humax get themselves off the hook about offering newer software with enhancements special if we think there is something wrong with it.

I don't have any problems with 1.03.06 but I do remove pretty quick anything in the EPG list which is expired. My other little problem of non operable remote control went but not linked to this but the built in FTP so it would appear.

Have reverted back for the time being. .

Presumably it's as easy as flash new firmware (straight over Custom firmware version: 2.15 (build 1496)
Humax Version: 1.02.32)
Then if I want to come back flash old firmware straight over the new one?

New iPlayer (from a very quick look before I noticed the fault) has a completely new layout. The main addition I noticed was Subtitle support. Also HD/SD choice is now in the Transport/Features Bar along with the Subtitles control.

When I get the replacement I will take a longer look and try to post some photos !!!

Pete

Yes it does that as well always gives you HD when available if you default to that plus the subtitles. The navigation going backwards and similar and favourites are also good. To me the previous interface is clunky although it takes a bit to get use to the "new" one :).

Not really, "we" just don't see the point of calling it anything other than 1.03.06 or whatever, the "AKA" is completely unnecessary.

You will be pleased to know that I didn't actually type AKA just there that was Google Android self completion or the NSA one or the two that did that, but does indicate that some peoples feelings seem to run very high on what is only a range of software if the odd random introduced AKA causes people to get hot and bothered. Who's "we" by the way - LOL. Sorry won't ask. Do I see group dynamics.

I think 1.02.32, 1.03.06 was grammatically improved by Android to 1.02.32 aka 1.03.06 - I trust we are all tickety boo now.

Back